Looking for some people to taste...er test my taint(ed lands)

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow minecraftians :D

I'm currently working on a modpack that I have dubbed, "Day of the Taintacle". The concept behind it something that I affectionately call "Taintblock" - It's like a sky block, but gross and gooey. Essentially the entire world is overrun with the Tainted Lands biome and most of the resources you are familiar with are either rotting away in front of your eyes (trees) or are inaccessable because they have been turned into "tainted" versions of themselves (iron ore, diamond ore, etc).

It's a HQM enabled mod with over 200 quests and an entire new branch of Thaumcraft magic that I call "Taint Survival" that has various recipes and infusions in it to help one survive the Flux-pocalapse.

As you might imagine, the mod is entirely magic based and exclusively Thaumcraft and related add-ons in that regard. It's intended to be challenging and a real "survival" experience (The first time I played it, I ran out of lives and I made the bloody thing). Basically you scramble to find resources, avoiding swarms and head crabs and other mobs, to make items you need to convert resources into more resources in order to expand your base - since you need Ethereal Blooms or Pure Nodes to push back the taint and grow.

Anyway, rather than just opening it up to everyone at this point, I'm sort of hoping to find a smaller group of people to test this modpack at first so that I can spend more time with them individually trying to sort out issues or track down bugs or otherwise improve the modpack. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, or you've been waiting your entire life for a modpack like this, let me know either through PM or dropping a line here and we'll work something out.

Cheers, and don't let the headcrabs get you.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Blightfall is more adventure-oriented and doesn't focus on the thaum.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Blightfall is more adventure-oriented and doesn't focus on the thaum.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, this is more like.... Blood 'n Bonez, but Thaumcraft Based and with life limit and HQM mode enabled. I've augmented some of the normal Thaumcraft enemies with enemies from Grimoire of Gaia as well, particularly the boss monsters, to make it even more challenging.