looking for silverwoods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm guessing the dyed tree mod is messing with silverwoods as I can't seem to find any at all, and i've looked over a huge part of the world. Its never been this hard before. Some trees have silverwood trunks, but colored leaves... So I disabled the dyed tree mod, and wait for it, still nothing. This is on Monster 1.0.10. And yes I have searched for 1000's of blocks with no sucsess. Any thoughts? I really want some saplings without cheating them in.

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, yes that is somewhere I still need to go, just havent done it yet. After searching the overworld it kinda became an obsesion to find one... so I guess it's off to TF. As a side note, I never encountered a magic forest in my travels either, but I know they are rare.

Is this thaumcraft were talking about?

Yes it is.

Reactions: RealSketch

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If you have BoP enabled, any "magical" biome has a chance to have silverwoods in it. These include (but aren't limited to) sacred springs, ominous woods, fungi forest, and cherry blossom grove.

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Atg seems to mess up with the spawn of certain biomes, i have yet to find any "magical" biome on the overworld.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwoods show up mostly in Mystic Groves and Magical Forests, although if you're having difficulties finding them, you can make a portal to the promised land and trade pechs there for silverwood saplings.

brsmqc

Jul 29, 2019
I have been wondering about this too. I've looked everywhere and haven't found a single magical biome.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
ATG doesn't mess up biome spawning, it alters world generation, and not all biomes will appear near each other. Magical Forests from TC4 are magical biomes and are forests. Thus they spawn more near forests. More Humid biomes spawn closer to the water, more dry biomes inland, and colder places higher up(usually). If you want a "Magical" Biome, there are actual 3 from TC4 alone; Magical Forests, your prime choice, Eerie Biomes, not as good but still magical, and Tainted Lands, all kinds of bad, but still Magical!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ATG doesn't mess up biome spawning, it alters world generation, and not all biomes will appear near each other. Magical Forests from TC4 are magical biomes and are forests. Thus they spawn more near forests. More Humid biomes spawn closer to the water, more dry biomes inland, and colder places higher up(usually). If you want a "Magical" Biome, there are actual 3 from TC4 alone; Magical Forests, your prime choice, Eerie Biomes, not as good but still magical, and Tainted Lands, all kinds of bad, but still Magical!
Also think the main issue now perhaps is that with both BoP and Highlands enabled with ATG, then the shear number of different biomes together with ATG putting lots of similar biomes together will greatly decrease the statistical chances of coming across that specific wanted biome.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also think the main issue now perhaps is that with both BoP and Highlands enabled with ATG, then the shear number of different biomes together with ATG putting lots of similar biomes together will greatly decrease the statistical chances of coming across that specific wanted biome.
Heck, ATG and BoP ALONE, will make it all but impossible to find a specific Biome! So much ground to travel yet so few Deserts...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwoods show up mostly in Mystic Groves and Magical Forests, although if you're having difficulties finding them, you can make a portal to the promised land and trade pechs there for silverwood saplings.
With highlands? :)