Looking for OP/Admin - FTB Infinity Server - Whitelist Project

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Quite possibly I'm REALLY going to regret posting this, furthermore, if this is posted in the wrong place by all means either move it or just let me know and I will post there instead.

I own AgedCraft.net, where at one time, we had a decent player base for some white-listed servers ( 10-20 ) just a close nit community. However, as with time, users become stale and immune to what the modded community has to offer, me included.

So here's the thing, I own a dedicated rack server, and have FTB Infinity installed as of right now, and in fact, it's paused while I'm typing this up. However, I'm not on constantly and REALLY don't want to put work in trying to 'run' a server. I enjoy playing MC occasionally when timing permits, and that's it.

I'm really just looking for an op/admin that has the drive to make the most of a server, but not for money, but to build a community. Ideally I would love to get at least two admins on board.

Admin/Op General Requirements:
  • Age... 21+ NO EXCEPTIONS
  • How to configure FTB servers via config files.
  • How to use GIT, it's how you will control your config changes
  • How to manage a minecraft user-base. Basic commands like white-listing an banning is required, the rest is optional.
  • Navigation of WordPress dashboard, blog posting, etc...
  • You must agree to Server Rules of course, and not be afraid of making suggestions to those rules!
Above all, this is NOT a job, I am gearing this towards a learning experience. I can teach you anything you want relating to managing a MC server, to managing a Web server... I've been around since before MC had mobs. I just don't have the time, or the drive to deal with childish scuffles, I have three of my own, so I don't mind being Owner, but still like to enjoy the game.

What you, as op/admin will have control over:
  • Server configs ( via GIT )
  • Complete server control in-game ( you will be OP )
  • Website content - Free roam, just keep it server oriented.
  • Server Rules - Free to add new rules, but the core rules should stay.
  • Teamspeak Mod access ( I use it for other things as well, so sorry, but i must limit perms )
  • Bringing in players, posting to forums, etc, that's all you, and something I really don't deal with.

What you will not have control over:
  • Server ram usage ( caps at 8GB, can expand if I see memory issues, 32GB available )
  • Server Slots ( caps at 30 )
  • Server FTP or shell access, unfortunately due to security.
    ( Server updates will be handled by me at a date we agree upon on regular intervals, ie. Friday, every two weeks )
  • FTP Restriction also implies you will not be able to install WordPress plugins and run updates, I will handle those. I develop on WordPress for a living, there's nothing I cannot do.
  • Server restart schedule. Currently it's setup to restart every 6 hours, can change if a problem presents itself.
  • Map data, etc... without FTP access this data manipulation is impossible, sorry. If there's an issue, you will have my contact information, just get in touch with me.
Server Availability
The server is a 24/7 - 365 server, it's never off, and most of all, it's NOT in my home. This is a dedicated, professional grade server with some awesome hardware.
  • 3.4GHz x4 Core
  • 32GB Ram
  • 2 x 1TB Sata HDD
I've had this server for a LONG time, and it's not going anywhere. This is not hosted through one of those 'minecraft' hosts, I have FULL control over the server.

It's current functions include hosting two websites, and 2 minecraft servers ( one for friends, and infinity ), and my occasional WordPress project. One website is my own, and the other is the main site for the server, AgedCraft.net I assure you this server will not be going offline.

To sum up, I'll be the server guy, you be the gamer god :D If this sounds interesting please drop me a line in the forums via private message, or you may reply here of course, which I would prefer as it'll bump the thread :)

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Quite possibly I'm REALLY going to regret posting this, furthermore, if this is posted in the wrong place by all means either move it or just let me know and I will post there instead.

I own AgedCraft.net, where at one time, we had a decent player base for some white-listed servers ( 10-20 ) just a close nit community. However, as with time, users become stale and immune to what the modded community has to offer, me included.

So here's the thing, I own a dedicated rack server, and have FTB Infinity installed as of right now, and in fact, it's paused while I'm typing this up. However, I'm not on constantly and REALLY don't want to put work in trying to 'run' a server. I enjoy playing MC occasionally when timing permits, and that's it.

I'm really just looking for an op/admin that has the drive to make the most of a server, but not for money, but to build a community. Ideally I would love to get at least two admins on board.

Admin/Op General Requirements:
  • Age... 21+ NO EXCEPTIONS
  • How to configure FTB servers via config files.
  • How to use GIT, it's how you will control your config changes
  • How to manage a minecraft user-base. Basic commands like white-listing an banning is required, the rest is optional.
  • Navigation of WordPress dashboard, blog posting, etc...
  • You must agree to Server Rules of course, and not be afraid of making suggestions to those rules!
Above all, this is NOT a job, I am gearing this towards a learning experience. I can teach you anything you want relating to managing a MC server, to managing a Web server... I've been around since before MC had mobs. I just don't have the time, or the drive to deal with childish scuffles, I have three of my own, so I don't mind being Owner, but still like to enjoy the game.

What you, as op/admin will have control over:
  • Server configs ( via GIT )
  • Complete server control in-game ( you will be OP )
  • Website content - Free roam, just keep it server oriented.
  • Server Rules - Free to add new rules, but the core rules should stay.
  • Teamspeak Mod access ( I use it for other things as well, so sorry, but i must limit perms )
  • Bringing in players, posting to forums, etc, that's all you, and something I really don't deal with.

What you will not have control over:
  • Server ram usage ( caps at 8GB, can expand if I see memory issues, 32GB available )
  • Server Slots ( caps at 30 )
  • Server FTP or shell access, unfortunately due to security.
    ( Server updates will be handled by me at a date we agree upon on regular intervals, ie. Friday, every two weeks )
  • FTP Restriction also implies you will not be able to install WordPress plugins and run updates, I will handle those. I develop on WordPress for a living, there's nothing I cannot do.
  • Server restart schedule. Currently it's setup to restart every 6 hours, can change if a problem presents itself.
  • Map data, etc... without FTP access this data manipulation is impossible, sorry. If there's an issue, you will have my contact information, just get in touch with me.
Server Availability
The server is a 24/7 - 365 server, it's never off, and most of all, it's NOT in my home. This is a dedicated, professional grade server with some awesome hardware.
  • 3.4GHz x4 Core
  • 32GB Ram
  • 2 x 1TB Sata HDD
I've had this server for a LONG time, and it's not going anywhere. This is not hosted through one of those 'minecraft' hosts, I have FULL control over the server.

It's current functions include hosting two websites, and 2 minecraft servers ( one for friends, and infinity ), and my occasional WordPress project. One website is my own, and the other is the main site for the server, AgedCraft.net I assure you this server will not be going offline.

To sum up, I'll be the server guy, you be the gamer god :D If this sounds interesting please drop me a line in the forums via private message, or you may reply here of course, which I would prefer as it'll bump the thread :)

I'll love to give a hand, i own a FTB Infinity server our im working on getting the server up and running.
I own a hosting company to but this is not about that,,¨

Well first off i'm only 16 but i was like why not just write to you.
I don't know much about "Github" i have only tryed using it a few time's "Sorry" but for you if i can help ill try to get into Github and see if i can get used to it.

I do know how to use Wordpress yes ! and i do follow rules.

Well i'll love to chat more with you, ask me anything and your welcome to add me on skype: dkcomchristoffer

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the apps guys/gals, but unfortunately I'm not flexible when it comes to the age limit. I will take the apps into consideration if all else fails. I do realize that there are younger ones out there that have the maturity level of an adult, but it's hard to gauge that through text, unless you have an extensive forum history, and I'm up for reading all of it.

As for now, the position remains open.