Lighting suggestions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I'm a returning FTB veteran (played from about October last year to May this year) and am trying to adjust to some of the many changes that have since occurred. I've built a rather large warehouse like campus for all my industrial needs and most rooms are roughly 20x20x10. My question is what is the best way to light such large rooms? I'd prefer a more economical answer, as I'm not entirely situated in my world yet to be blowing away a bunch of resources. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
He said he's low on resources, so I don't think he'd be willing to part with a block of diamond at this point. Although this item would solve his problem.

To the OP, it depends on your current resource level but also which mod pack you're using to get a specific answer.

Oh sorry, I'm using the latest ultimate pack.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Make the floor out of "transparent" blocks and leave the place dark, because darkness is nice.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Nitor, wraith lamps.

I use cheap aluminum torches. They have better lighting than regular torches and are a cool blue.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
A time consuming but cheap option would be to make a floor of lava source blocks and cover the entire area in glass.

RedPower lamps and Xycraft lights are fairly cheap and give off great light. They would have a greater advantage over lava since you could still safely access the floor

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
A time consuming but cheap option would be to make a floor of lava source blocks and cover the entire area in glass.

RedPower lamps and Xycraft lights are fairly cheap and give off great light. They would have a greater advantage over lava since you could still safely access the floor
From my experience, it's jsut a hazard. Though I build multi-levelled bases.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Then if a creeper comes in and blows up your chests the items will drop in the lava...
He knows how to play the game. Most experienced players of Minecraft have virtually zero incidents like that inside of their base.

Jemjem787

Jul 29, 2019
He knows how to play the game. Most experienced players of Minecraft have virtually zero incidents like that inside of their base.
He might accidentally break a glass block, you might blow something up, like an IC2 machine. That is why I would never do something like that, unless its that reinforced glass I think it's called. Too much risk for the return.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like liquid glowstone as lighting contain it in one block with glass or with cover strips around to stop it flowing.

& remember to use f7, red is will spawn here, yellow is can could spawn.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
not necessarily cheap - but super fun and cool looking

fill liqueducts with lava.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
If you want to have invisible lighting, just use the camouflaged trap doors from secret rooms over a light source, such as glowstone.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to have invisible lighting, just use the camouflaged trap doors from secret rooms over a light source, such as glowstone.

Ive done that a few times.

With out that mod you can also just use trap doors. Also Pistons let light through so you can use them also.

Reactions: the_j485