Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
It has been a long time since I have posted a base in this thread, so I figured I would upload one. Im playing on the Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack with some mods added to it. The main on that is visible in these screenshots would be practicalities and enhanced portals. so lets get started. Im going to do a description and then have the image in a spoiler to try and keep the length down.

This is my latest base, an outside view. I wanted to do a lifted platform over the ocean. My idea was to have everything in 9 chuncks, so the base is 9 squares. Im trying to pretty it up alot but its a work in progress.
D7KGxR8.png

tONzvoA.png

On the inside the center room is my main AE2 control center. I am quiet happy with how I managed to work out my storage system. I have 60 Deep Storage Units and 12 ME drives full of 4k drives with a few 64 and 16 thrown in there. I know 4k is not alot but with that many DSU I don't think I could possibly fill up the 55+ 4k drives that are in it. Now I have struggled with AE2 using p2p, subnets, etc... but I managed to finally get this system to work. The way I set it up was to have 4 p2p connections on the controller, 2 went to the left side and 2 went to the right side. I originally had 1 going each way and it worked but AE would freak out from time to time and my storage would disappear in the terminal. Since breaking it to 2 instead of 1 I have not had any problems. So each p2p then connects three tunnels in each tunnel with each tunnel having 6 connections. in total between the 2 smart cables running back to the controller it only uses 14 channels. Pretty happy with that considering it took countless hours of testing to figure it out. This room also does a considerable amount of my auto crafting with most of you will know what your looking at.
x2sKfe7.png

3W1ALlU.png

uIcu9Py.png

oM017Be.png

Other rooms that handle auto crafting and processing
pi0kv0a.png

4enQHIg.png

A room dedicated to the auto crafting of AE materials. Very happy I was able to do all of it with only 8 channels Though the wiring is messy.
1eLfjvs.png

c94Ps8r.png

All ore processing and some auto crafting processing done in here. Once again managed to get away with only using 8 channels. Wiring is a lot more clean with this one.
ADDmh7f.png

Smelteries need know explanation.
B9P2cQ6.png

And finally miscilanious processing such as tesseracts and creation of sand, glass, and silicon.

My main power room that is responsible for keeping everything running. ironically the 6 magmatic dynamos on the Capacitor bank is all I need to power my base with the efficient and output upgrades. The big reactor is needed to run my miner. I built one exactly like the one direworlf built in his season 5 of forgecraft2 videos. Only difference is I have 14 mining wells instead of 6. I did get a picture of it I just managed to crash my client 2 from loading so many chucks. I have run it for roughly 7 to 8 hour real life time and it was about 6000 blocks away from were I started it.
rWaSnnX.png

c9Ibz06.png

Lastly is two final rooms that dont have much one is my portal room but since I am using enhanced portals I only need one portal to go to every location. I am slowly adding to the room and having it gout out to my farming balcony. This other one it were I generate all my wither stars. The multi block structure is the wither killer from practicalities. Once your more end game its not that expensive but it still requires a stack or so of diamond ender pearls and 8 wither stars so I think it is decently balanced.
LiBpSRK.png

pahaDwb.png

So that's it for now I will try to remember to update when I can. If any of you have suggestions or ideas let me know. Especially when it comes to AE2 Im still just learning channel management.

Last edited:

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
The start of a tech base being built in a nice highlands biome. The focal point at the front is the large energy sphere, from Draconium Evolution, it can hold 2.14 trillion RF... Yeah, that's a lot.

Ignore the reactor and mess in the middle of the room for now, was just there to get things situated.

icPmDUP.jpg

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Heres another update on my base. First an overview of the main hall which has changed a bit from last time. Angled the pics so you can see where each room is located. I know its a bit weird that each room is so different but I like the variety. So far this is the least laggy build Ive ever done. Living underground allows me the option to turn the view distance way down. I cant figure out a good way to do doors in here though. I dont like trying to squeeze through single doors and double doors are out of the question because symmetry. Advanced drawbridges crash my game as does Malis's doors.

V7QusD3.png

CE7guOB.png

L5EackJ.png

And I think Ive finalized the laboratory design. Slightly inspired by Battlestar Galactica. I am not 100 percent satisfied with it but its almost as good as Direwolf20's builds. Almost. Anyway, its a bit empty atm but that will change. Oh, the left window is where the lasers reside-needful for AE2 processors thanks to my recipe tweaks (enscribers suck) and I think the right will be for a mainframe-like collection of ME drives.

cqJ7U8t.png

YAtTDf8.png

Feedback is much appreciated. :)

Looks amazing. I offer Carpenter's Garage Doors as the solution to your door dilemma.

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
So after my last post I kept trying to expand and build up my base but I got tired of having to build new platforms every time I had an idea. So I moved, I have started to carve out a base that is in a deep ocean but under ground with some windows looking out. This is much easier. I don't know why digging out a room is easier then building a new platform but to me it is.
I'm going to put everything in a spoiler though last post felt long.
This is the main entrance i guess you could say to the base. I have all my processing machines in this level and am hopping to expand as needed.
xIiIKOe.png

qdZgNIC.png

9MaYTwW.png

Going down the stairs I have an intersection leading to my farms and miscellaneous rooms witch I'm sure you can tell whats in them.
DvvmHLU.png

sbW1fjP.png

dhjGi1x.png

Coming down stairs to the intersection to the right is my power room. And this is the biggest change, I have massively increased my energy storage. I also started to use the ender quarry over my moner because with the speed three upgrade it does really well in comparison. But to do that I needed more power so I built a turbine. Using 32 Ludicrite blocks its generating around 28,000 Rf/t witch I thought was good but I still lose power so in the meantime I and just using 24 magmatic dynamos to keep the power ratio even.
0XevWx7.png

DchpUog.png

SgALEKG.png

To the left is my storage and AE2 room. I am still working on a good layout but for now this gets the trick done and I think it looks neat. I really needed to do it this way because even though I had managed to get the p2p networks working, I kept having issues were rows of DSU would go offline and then right back on. this lead to serious fragmentation and some time being spent at the IO interface to fix. This, even though it could be more efficient, just seems to be the most reliable method to me.
q2UhGum.png

Let me know if any of you have experienced this issue with AE2 p2p tunnels. I'm wondering if it may be my computer just messing up causing tick rate issues.
I would welcome any suggestions from you all. I keep doing black and white because that's easy for now but I'm looking for interesting block combinations to make it look really nice.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I love the recipe changes. Frankly I think even Logisitics Pipes would have trouble automating enscribers.

Easiest way is just to make one inscriber for each die, plus an extra one to press the result. Then use EnderIO to move items between a chest and the inscribers.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

Automated Essentia

Here is my automated essentia system. The items feeding the system are dropped into the advanced alchemical furnace, then piped out into a buffer feeding system that winds its way through everything. After filling up all the jars possible, the primal essentia is pulled out into void jars and is used to create balanced shards when needed. The compound essentia is sent to the alchemical centrifuges to be broken down, then fed back into the buffer system.

The Thaumic Restorer I've rigged to a pressure plate to turn the essentia valve on and off as needed. If it is left on, it will cause the system to back up. With a pressure plate, it can never back up, as it will be disconnected when you step away. There are several jars of instrumentum available behind the wall. Part of the essentia buffer system loops through the automated alchemy section (sans walls and roofs). This part is still a work in progress. (I ran out of gold to make more alchemical constructs.)

Feeding the advanced furnace is several necromancer tablets from TT. I have two of them set up for wisps. In the center is a 3x3 with hoppers and liquid death. Under the hoppers is a corporeal attractor and a kinetic attractor to pull everything towards the center. Without the kinetic attractor, drops would sometimes sit on the edge of the hoppers. The attractor makes sure everything is collected properly.

Lastly, are the candles under the infusion altar. It is a 17x17 grid full of candles. I don't think I will have any issues with instability using this.

2015-02-07_12.06.02.png 2015-02-07_12.03.32.png 2015-02-07_12.03.59.png 2015-02-07_12.05.33.png 2015-02-07_12.07.17.png 2015-02-07_12.08.08.png

Thaumcraft Farm

I have worked to make this functional, and will be working on the aesthetics shortly. It was easier to take some pictures while this was all torn up during the build. I'm still toying with a few minor changes to make this better, but it should be pretty close to this design.

I am using Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, Automagy, and Hopperducts in this build.

The farm is sized, so a single water source block can hydrate the entire thing. Under the water source block is a hopper, and under that, a kinetic attractor and a lever. This quickly pulls any items that are dropped near the farm into the hopper. As items go through the duct, I have 2 grated hoppers with seeds in one, and barley in the other. This will automatically pull any of these items out of the duct line above it and feed into transvector interfaces that are linked to the Jabba barrels. The rest of the items will continue down the line to the sorting system. (This prevents things from getting clogged up due to stray items in the system.)

Also next to the water source block is a golem fetter. This will activate when the lower Jabba barrel is filled. I've upgraded the barrel with a redstone face on the bottom. I ended up using the resonating crystals from automagy as this was the easiest way to get the redstone signal across and around the transvector interfaces and hoppers.

2015-02-07_23.20.52.png 2015-02-07_23.21.09.png 2015-02-07_23.21.24.png

There are still a few more systems for me to complete. I'm still trying to figure out a good sorting system for one. Right now I have Soaryn chests everywhere. Once I figure something out for that, I'll post an update.

Reactions: arthahar

Luceil

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd share my TPPI base before I blow it to smithereens with a nuke later~ Any feed back is much appreciated! For those who are curious, I felt the layout was too cluttered, and didn't allow me to expand in the fashion I would have liked. Also, the paths were asymmetrical, which drove me crazy! :confused:

http://imgur.com/a/RF5iI

I'm currently in the process of creating a new base underground, which I am more accustomed to. I'll do my best to keep you guys updated if you'd like to see the progress!

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I finally finished the farms I was working on earlier (3 posts up) I converted the farms over to a manual cutoff, and now have the overflow being fed directly into my alchemical furnace at the moment. Only excess farm drops get sent to the alchemical furnace. Random stuff gets sent to a chest instead. (I would really hate it to have my nicely enchanted gear sent to an alchemical furnace accidentally.) When I get a little further along in botania, the food drops will be converted into mana instead. The melon and pumpkin farms are directly above the other farms.

2015-02-14_19.21.50.png 2015-02-15_00.06.36.png 2015-02-15_00.07.05.png

Reactions: VapourDrive

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
I finally finished the farms I was working on earlier (3 posts up) I converted the farms over to a manual cutoff, and now have the overflow being fed directly into my alchemical furnace at the moment. Only excess farm drops get sent to the alchemical furnace. Random stuff gets sent to a chest instead. (I would really hate it to have my nicely enchanted gear sent to an alchemical furnace accidentally.) When I get a little further along in botania, the food drops will be converted into mana instead. The melon and pumpkin farms are directly above the other farms.

View attachment 14872 View attachment 14875 View attachment 14876
I really like like the design of the walls and floor.

Reactions: netmc

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Automated Essentia

Here is my automated essentia system. The items feeding the system are dropped into the advanced alchemical furnace, then piped out into a buffer feeding system that winds its way through everything. After filling up all the jars possible, the primal essentia is pulled out into void jars and is used to create balanced shards when needed. The compound essentia is sent to the alchemical centrifuges to be broken down, then fed back into the buffer system.

The Thaumic Restorer I've rigged to a pressure plate to turn the essentia valve on and off as needed. If it is left on, it will cause the system to back up. With a pressure plate, it can never back up, as it will be disconnected when you step away. There are several jars of instrumentum available behind the wall. Part of the essentia buffer system loops through the automated alchemy section (sans walls and roofs). This part is still a work in progress. (I ran out of gold to make more alchemical constructs.)

Feeding the advanced furnace is several necromancer tablets from TT. I have two of them set up for wisps. In the center is a 3x3 with hoppers and liquid death. Under the hoppers is a corporeal attractor and a kinetic attractor to pull everything towards the center. Without the kinetic attractor, drops would sometimes sit on the edge of the hoppers. The attractor makes sure everything is collected properly.

Lastly, are the candles under the infusion altar. It is a 17x17 grid full of candles. I don't think I will have any issues with instability using this.

View attachment 14673 View attachment 14669 View attachment 14680 View attachment 14671 View attachment 14676 View attachment 14678

Thaumcraft Farm

I have worked to make this functional, and will be working on the aesthetics shortly. It was easier to take some pictures while this was all torn up during the build. I'm still toying with a few minor changes to make this better, but it should be pretty close to this design.

I am using Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, Automagy, and Hopperducts in this build.

The farm is sized, so a single water source block can hydrate the entire thing. Under the water source block is a hopper, and under that, a kinetic attractor and a lever. This quickly pulls any items that are dropped near the farm into the hopper. As items go through the duct, I have 2 grated hoppers with seeds in one, and barley in the other. This will automatically pull any of these items out of the duct line above it and feed into transvector interfaces that are linked to the Jabba barrels. The rest of the items will continue down the line to the sorting system. (This prevents things from getting clogged up due to stray items in the system.)

Also next to the water source block is a golem fetter. This will activate when the lower Jabba barrel is filled. I've upgraded the barrel with a redstone face on the bottom. I ended up using the resonating crystals from automagy as this was the easiest way to get the redstone signal across and around the transvector interfaces and hoppers.

View attachment 14648 View attachment 14649 View attachment 14650

There are still a few more systems for me to complete. I'm still trying to figure out a good sorting system for one. Right now I have Soaryn chests everywhere. Once I figure something out for that, I'll post an update.

Impressive that you managed to use pipes for essentia sorting.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Impressive that you managed to use pipes for essentia sorting.
It's not really that hard with the new functionality of the buffers. It just takes lots and lots of them for this kind of setup. I probably have somewhere around 160 buffers currently. This is definitely much easier to craft once you have an energized node setup to recharge your wand.

VoidRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have good ideas for a Magic (Thaumcraft) Base kind of have to stop my progress into the mod pack because I hate to start thaumcraft without a proper Building

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I often use ms paint, fully zoomed and with 1 pixel lines and pencils, to plan out the space. For my mod list, I needed 55 aspect jars for all the essentia types. It helps to see exactly how much space I need and want to fit everything in properly. In my current base, I have 2 jars of each aspect plus essentia pipes, so I needed more space for the altar and jars than I normally would.

Since the altar is the largest space hog, I plan the rest of the base around that.

Reactions: VapourDrive

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I often use ms paint, fully zoomed and with 1 pixel lines and pencils, to plan out the space. For my mod list, I needed 55 aspect jars for all the essentia types. It helps to see exactly how much space I need and want to fit everything in properly. In my current base, I have 2 jars of each aspect plus essentia pipes, so I needed more space for the altar and jars than I normally would.

Since the altar is the largest space hog, I plan the rest of the base around that.
Infusion Altar <- Essentia Mirror

Essentia Mirror <- Essentia Jar mess

:p

Example:
4Im0SXd.png

jjmev0j.png

There is no range(that I know of) on the wireless aspect on the mirrors, so you can move it as far away as you like.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have checked this thread out for ages it seems and i think i've finally got enough courage to show off my base, however, whats the best way to do it? i've created an imgur album if that helps. Total of 36 images so i didn't want to just plop everything down in a spoiler. Advice?

http://imgur.com/a/FZd6m/all

Actually, From within imgur, is there a way i can post all the images into a spoiler?
Probably best to just link a few highlights and then link to album like you did. I find the Imgur album(perhaps changed to large image mode) to be MUCH MUCH easier to view than images in spoilers.

grizzlyatoms

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet, Rhn is the first to reply and half my inspiration was from you :p

Alright, well i got a handful of them posted up. Hope yall like it

Last edited: