Latest versions (and new packs) are out!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
For those who didn't know, you can access new versions of the DW20, Mindcrack, and Magic World packs through the launcher. Simply select your pack of choice and go to the version dropdown (it will read "recommended") and select the latest version. They probably aren't set to recommended to keep whiners from complaining about the latest bugs until further testing.

No major save for the two new mods in DW20. Take note that all new versions are marked as "internal development"

And to top it all off, mod lists for lite and tech have been released with the status "internal development" I don't believe you can download the new packs yet, but it looks like they'll be here soon

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
So the team tweeted that the packs aren't out yet (with the rather amusing FTBtime hashtag). Whether the tweet is simply outdated or the new versions are in development and pushed early is yet to be seen.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
For me the Mindcrack v8 pack gives an error on launch, something about missing NEI, without any option to continue the launch or exit. I guess something went wrong there so I'll be sticking with v7 for the time being -.-

DW20 v5 seems to be fine though, at least it launches without issues for me.

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone able to load their saved game in v5, I get this error which is caused by twilight forest and mystcraft:- [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Server thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 7, One is already registered

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to ask:
"Can anyone tell me why it stills says V4 and V7 here?"

Then I look at my console, and oh surprise, creeperrepo.net sends back 500 (internal server error).

They really need to work on their uptime, it seems to be quite frequent these days.

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone able to load their saved game in v5, I get this error which is caused by twilight forest and mystcraft:- [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Server thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 7, One is already registered

Did you create some mystcraft worlds? Twilight forest uses world ID 7 so you would have to manually delete that age to allow Twilight forest to work.

emmasteadman

Jul 29, 2019
Ye managed to fix it thanks, also if anyone is using LogisticsPipes (added manually) be sure to update to latest version.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Mine goes on and off, but tbh if it's not the recomended one, probably best to leave it because the FTB team won't support it as it isn't ready for general use.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Click the arrow next to Recommended (just under the Maps tab) and then choose 5 for DW20 or 8 for MindCrack and 7 for Magic World.

NateSci

Jul 29, 2019
Did they FINALLY add Mystcraft into mindcrack yet? My server wont stop begging me for it but they are to F-ing lazy to manually add it themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
The official thread was just updated, the latest versions are all marked as 'internal development'

Also the only changes were the two new mods to DW20 (plus updates to existing mods)

Reactions: EternalDensity