LANDSCAPING - How to fix a vertical cliff from 'clear' filler.

Blackbook

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there everyone.

I'm playing DW20 1.6.4 with Galacticraft and Mekanism and was wondering how people deal with vertical walls from the 'clear' feature of a filler.

Here's a picture to better describe my problem; http://i57.tinypic.com/2h4wzg7.png

Using the filler again to completely clear the area isn't really an option, as the landscape continues to rise and fall in that direction, which is nice. I just don't want such a steep wall, or the boring 'stair' effect back up to its height.

Is there any mods, or tips for not having to manually landscape it so it looks pretty and not so... square?

Thanks

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Make a good shovel. No machines can make terrain like that. Cut the slope back to make it less steep or build retaining walls and terraces.

Blackbook

Jul 29, 2019
OK. I'll grab my excavator and shovel and have a boring hour or two landscaping.

Hint-Hint to mod developers.... A landscape generator would be fricking awesome.

cheers :)

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If your server is running something like MCPC+/Cauldron and you have WorldEdit capabilities, a few minutes with a terrain brush works wonders.

If you don't have that, things like Schematica from @Lunatrius can sometimes help, by cut & pasting landscape from a different area that will do what you want. It's a cheesy way of doing it, but sometimes I'd rather take cheesy over 2 hours with a pick and a shovel. ;)