Problem Lag Spikes

MrBrunty

Jul 29, 2019
I recently changed server company and simultaneously made a few changes that have unfortunately lead to lag spikes fairly regularly on my unleashed server. Unfortunately I can't figure out for the life of me what is causing them as the server is significantly better than the previous one (mainly processor wise - Xeon e3 1245v2 to Xeon e5 1650) though simultaneously I have gone back to a regular HDD as opposed to SSD. - despite this change however I am certain the lack of an SSD is not the issue as that should only affect world loading speed, and is not necessary on a server reaching peaks of 45 players.

Anyway moving on, we run MCPC+ with around 25 plugins, nothing has changed since before the move so i don't believe it is that, though we are running on the 1.1.3 version of unleashed which I believe is a bit temperamental in several ways.

We are running on the latest tick threading patch which was installed before the change - again no issues previously.

I use the start command: java -Xms32G -Xmx32G -Xmn8G -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=400 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:permSize=1024m -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:CompileThreshold=1000 -jar server.jar nogui

Which was changed the same day as the switch, but I have tried on my previous command and still get lag.

The new server is with OVH hosting meaning it was a completely clean server. I installed Java, and now think that maybe I installed the wrong one:

Now using: java version "1.7.0_25"OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

I was using: java version "1.7.0_21"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

Could that be an issue or have I not installed a piece of software perhaps for FTB server hosting?

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
check wish version of java you are using for the server as the default may be pointing to a 32bit (if i remember correctly adding -d64 will force 64 bit mode) As for your arguments are you really using 32GBs of ram? If not move the amount of ram you allocate lower especially the Xms.