Ladders!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Would be nice to have some kind of shout box. Sort of like somemanga had if anyone is familiar with that site.
Or even an IRC channel. Does anyone use IRC anymore? I know I haven't clicked that MIRC icon in quite a long time.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't done irc in quite a while. Would be nice.
I would set up a server but I am prohibited by my building's internet use policy-
High Volume, Server Hosting, and non-traditional end user activities: The Services are intended for an end user's periodic active use of email, instant messaging, browsing the World Wide Web, and other typical end user activities. High volume commercial use or data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are prohibited. Hosting a web server, IRC server, or any other server is prohibited. Accordingly, we maintain the right to terminate any user's connection following the detection of any high volume data transfer, server hosting, or non-traditional end user activity.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what IRC is! :D
Internet Relay Chat! Check this out for an easy to use client.

From wikipedia - Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a protocol for live interactive Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat and data transfer, including file sharing.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
This is planned for a mod? I can swim in molten redstone?? All I wish for now is molten diamond. Yea, yea, I know, but if steam doesn't condense in cold pipes, diamonds can me melted. I don't care what kind of crazy multi-block machine I have to build or what insane amount of energy it uses, I wanna melt diamonds dammit. And then swim in molten diamonds. Inside my people-tube elevator. While eating a hotdog.
you think steam logic is bad? remember: liquid ice XD

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I would set up a server but I am prohibited by my building's internet use policy-
High Volume, Server Hosting, and non-traditional end user activities: The Services are intended for an end user's periodic active use of email, instant messaging, browsing the World Wide Web, and other typical end user activities. High volume commercial use or data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, are prohibited. Hosting a web server, IRC server, or any other server is prohibited. Accordingly, we maintain the right to terminate any user's connection following the detection of any high volume data transfer, server hosting, or non-traditional end user activity.
Wait, does that mean you're not allowed to play online games either?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, does that mean you're not allowed to play online games either?
If it does, I am in violation;) Honestly, if I hosted an IRC server, as long as there wasn't massive data transfers going on in it, they'd probably not even notice. IRC chat by itself doesn't use much bandwidth, it's the data transfer/file sharing capabilities of it they're mostly worried about. They don't want any one person hogging all the bandwidth.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1. Find a neighbor
Step 2. Make their computer hog ALL the Bandwidth
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit.

Or you know, let someone else host the IRC

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
they place flat on the blocks, but wrenching them makes them connect as a slope

Dead on, and I might note that people vastly underestimate the power of these things for automation. They're actually pretty dang good at moving things around and inserting them. They even have a drop-prevention mechanic.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started with some MPS stuff and it's so awesome (except when a ghast managed to aim through a door and blow up my grinder, sorry about the mess Dave, I might have forgotten to put a lever back) that I should really try out conveyors.
Though given how messy my 'factory floor' is I think I'd need to start over. I have a tangled mess of several types of liquiducts (at least I now have tesseracts for my lava), redstone conduits, IC2 cables, and AE cables, plus a bit of lead wire and redwire. This is because I always add stuff wherever seems easiest at the time with as little wiring as I can and don't give much room for expansion :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
careful with conveyors. I was playing with them they are set to grab entities. So you (or mobs) can get stuck on them. I found them to problematic to use as walk ways in my village becuae of this

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've just started with some MPS stuff and it's so awesome (except when a ghast managed to aim through a door and blow up my grinder, sorry about the mess Dave, I might have forgotten to put a lever back) that I should really try out conveyors.
Though given how messy my 'factory floor' is I think I'd need to start over. I have a tangled mess of several types of liquiducts (at least I now have tesseracts for my lava), redstone conduits, IC2 cables, and AE cables, plus a bit of lead wire and redwire. This is because I always add stuff wherever seems easiest at the time with as little wiring as I can and don't give much room for expansion :p

Don't do it. I did and stopped logging into AC it was so demoralizing. See my halfway-finished home and play the soundtrack from Shadow of the Colossus for an example of how I feel.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Don't do it. I did and stopped logging into AC it was so demoralizing. See my halfway-finished home and play the soundtrack from Shadow of the Colossus for an example of how I feel.
So I should start making nukes instead?
I just thought it would be fun to make myself a conveyor ride for turrets or something.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Have an autocrafter for turrets and then an autodeployer to deploy the turrets onto a conveyor line. Then have a drop-off to lava at the end. Because #SCIENCE!
Be sure to use explosive resistant materials; they explode in lava.
EDIT: Never mind, it pretty much only breaks dirt.