Kinetic Generator help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. Another dilemma: I swear I set up this windmill properly. It's plugged into a batbox, and it's facing the wrong way. When I put in the windmill (not turbine), nothing happens and the windmill doesn't appear and activate. Halp! http://imgur.com/LOMR6pA

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
I even built a little platform and it's like 3 blocks further out, still no luck.

MrRobbie

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Some of the leaves may be to close. I got one going but had to clear a larger area then I thought I would have to.[DOUBLEPOST=1359441856][/DOUBLEPOST]This might sound silly (but I did it..lol) do you have the right wooden sail ?

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
I just put together one in a testing world real quick and counted the girth of the windmill. It seems to have slightly less than a 8 block radius from the center (based on its hit box). You need to clear out 8 blocks from your generator to get the windmill to appear. So its a total of 17 blocks wide by 17 blocks tall. I may have counted wrong but in your picture it looked like 6 blocks to the tree leaves.

rekasa

Jul 29, 2019
I extended it even more blocks, and it works now! Yay! Those are way bigger than I expected. Thanks, Kow!

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, but what I find interesting is in my test world the windmill would actually clear the space it needed. Any blocks I placed where it would appear when placed in the generator where deleted. I do not know if it has anything to do with me being in creative or not, but just a observation I made on its behavior.

Brad Englert

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of cables are you using for the windmill? I am having some troubles getting mine set up and there aren't many tutorials on youtube.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see in the screenshot, he's using blue alloy wire. For longer distances, consider 10 kV wire between a pair of voltage transformers.