just one question

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuseJUNKEY

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know if you guys could help or if i should try to post on the ic2 forums. When i go to craft a few ic2 machines i cannot pull them from the crafting table. it bounces back in and it just sits there. so far it's been like that for the macerator and compressor. i was pritty sure i could make the genny and furnace just fine and i'll edit this if i'm wrong.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Are you on a server? If so, is this your server or somebody else's server?

What you're probably dealing with is that the server is using all of the "hard mode" GregTech recipes while your client has the FTB defaults, which have the classic versions of the Macerator and Compressor.

The way to fix this is to get in sync with the server's versions of the recipes. If it's your server, you can change the server, otherwise you'll just have to modify your client's configs.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
ok well i wouldn't know where to start with that. it's my server so how do i fix it?

You need to either copy the config file from your client and replace those on the server or vice versa depending on which variant of the crafting recipes you want to keep. In this case, if GregTech is the problem, you need to replace the file called GregTech.cfg.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Ah-hah! Since it's your server, it's relatively simple.
  • /stop your server
  • Copy the GregTech.cfg from <wherever you run FTB launcher from>/FTBBETAA/minecraft/config to <your server directory>/config, overwriting the config currently in place.
  • Start your server back up.
That should put it in sync, and with the simpler recipes for early game as well. =)

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah-hah! Since it's your server, it's relatively simple.
  • /stop your server
  • Copy the GregTech.cfg from <wherever you run FTB launcher from>/FTBBETAA/minecraft/config to <your server directory>/config, overwriting the config currently in place.
  • Start your server back up.
That should put it in sync, and with the simpler recipes for early game as well. =)

We really need a simple mechanism to sync client and server configs to solve issues like this, don't we? :( I actually requested this on the issue tracker a little while ago. We'll see what comes of it.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
We really need a simple mechanism to sync client and server configs to solve issues like this, don't we? :(
Yeah, but knowing the technical barriers on implementing something like that, it's easier said than done I think (minecraft initializes configurations on startup so you can't "flash" a config per server, you'd have to have the launcher be far more sophisticated than it is when it comes to servers and... yeah, not optimal in any way, shape or form, I think). It's one reason why I always recommend pushing up the configs included in the client in the case of any conflicts; that ensures maximum compatibility with a minimum of fuss for users logging into the server. If you have "power" users who really are into modding and want the hard recipes, on the other hand, they tend to know how to edit their configs if needed. =)

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but knowing the technical barriers on implementing something like that, it's easier said than done I think (minecraft initializes configurations on startup so you can't "flash" a config per server, you'd have to have the launcher be far more sophisticated than it is when it comes to servers and... yeah, not optimal in any way, shape or form, I think). It's one reason why I always recommend pushing up the configs included in the client in the case of any conflicts; that ensures maximum compatibility with a minimum of fuss for users logging into the server. If you have "power" users who really are into modding and want the hard recipes, on the other hand, they tend to know how to edit their configs if needed. =)

Well it could in theory be done via forge but it probably wouldn't be a nice fix. For the launcher I was thinking more of adding a "save pack for server" option to pull a mod and config list from a server. Of course then you need Minecraft to know that x server = y pack config which in its self would be a messy proposition.

The reason it would be handy in the wider sense is for cases when a mod pack is updated then the client and server configs can desync if the server has custom mods and configs installed. At the moment there really is no way to deal with this problem effectively from an admin standpoint. Still, probably a topic for a different discussion eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.