Is there any way to teleport EU like tesseract?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
I know there gregtech interdemnsional storage unit stuff but it too expensive.I really don't want tesseract to convert MJ to EU with power converter, So is there any way to teleport EU?

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
i don't think there are any other ways apart from from the interdimensional from gregtech and converting to MJ and using tesseract.

Tomihe

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably setup a system with ender chests or item tesseracts where you pass charged items like lappacks from your production to where ever you need the power. Then discharge them into storage units (mfe, mfsu). I've never tried it but it should work I think hope that helps.

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably setup a system with ender chests or item tesseracts where you pass charged items like lappacks from your production to where ever you need the power. Then discharge them into storage units (mfe, mfsu). I've never tried it but it should work I think hope that helps.

Actually, you are right I believe direwolf20 did such a thing in one of his previous seasons (seasons 3 or 4) with lapatron crystals

if you can set up something with say filters and pneumatic tubes you should be able to use the filters to tell when a crystal (or lappack as the case may be) is empty or full.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
I did saw it, and it seem cool but i know there a mod call additional pipe but it got discontinued, but it have the energy teleport pipe

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
You can use a battery station to discharge items to power devices and a bench to charge them back up. Its faster and does more then one at a time. The good news is when its done it goes to a special slot that only gets piped out from the bottom side. You basically can only pull when its discharged and put back in when its charged. Makes automation easy. With enderchests and pipes you dont need filters or anything if you have the sides setup right for the charging bench and battery station. I set this up with an ender pouch to recharge my electric tools in the field.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing Ultimate, you can use a pair of Liquid Tesseracts, and a energy bridge on one end producing steam from EU and on the other end turning steam into EU. Just like using a Energy Tesseract, but completely lossless.

There is also the Universal Charger from Power Converters if you wanted to transfer stuff to a chest and get it out charged, but I have no idea if this would work with Ender Chests, plus it only works on one item at a time. Still a pretty sweet thing to have, though.

Tomihe

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about steam turbines for EU they're really steel intensive with the rotors needing to be replaced every so often.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about steam turbines for EU they're really steel intensive with the rotors needing to be replaced every so often.
Not anymore! Just hook up a steam comsumer>brigde>eu producer of whatever voltage you'll be producing. No replacing ever! It's just the hassle of getting all the steam in it with multi outputs from Liquducts.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally if you have portal gun or mystcraft then you can make a rail craft portal system to transport mfsu carts back and forth which may be cheaper then using lap packs in ender chest or item tesseracts.

Just look at the way direwolf often uses to transport liquids from one spot to another and replace the tank cart cart and liquid loaders with the energy carts.

Another option if you have power converters is to convert the EU into say steam and send it over liquid tesseracts to be converted back to EU on the other end with more power converters.

Reactions: Norfgarb

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea how power converter work but i'm going for a etho-green route using biomass and methane to power :p, the nitro diesel/biofuel is really good, so i guess there "no real way" to teleport

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't work extra-dimensionally, but for teleporting power around within relatively short distances the MFFS system works well. I don't know why no-one ever mentions it in these threads. It does cost forcicium, but meh. A single MFFS extractor, capacitor, and converter can teleport EU losslessly up to 160 blocks, and every capacitor you add can add 80 blocks to that. It's the system I'm using to send power around my base.

Reactions: OmegaPython

jaxx0rr

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't work extra-dimensionally, but for teleporting power around within relatively short distances the MFFS system works well. I don't know why no-one ever mentions it in these threads. It does cost forcicium, but meh. A single MFFS extractor, capacitor, and converter can teleport EU losslessly up to 160 blocks, and every capacitor you add can add 80 blocks to that. It's the system I'm using to send power around my base.
I need to teleport power to the fucking moon .. not 160 blocks FFS

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I need to teleport power to the fucking moon .. not 160 blocks FFS
If you've got any Universal Electricity mods in the pack, then connect some universal cable from your power, to a tesseract, and do the opposite on the other end as it acts as a converter. Or even power convertors could work

Reactions: PierceSG and Blue

steve g

Jul 29, 2019

that illustrates transfer of mj, but should be easy to switch to EU with EU consumers/producers.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got any Universal Electricity mods in the pack, then connect some universal cable from your power, to a tesseract, and do the opposite on the other end as it acts as a converter. Or even power convertors could work
I agree with this fellow was going to say same thing with UE and Mek it is possibly

Reactions: PierceSG

jaxx0rr

Jul 29, 2019
I tried univ cables and it didn't seem to work but.. it works if you put a energy cube directly next to the tesseract .. for send and recieve

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019

Last I heard fortron was a liquid (MFFS cav version). You could pump that interdimensionally with tessaracts and convert it back on the other side. That might work for you moon base. :D

Reactions: PierceSG

jaxx0rr

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard fortron was a liquid (MFFS cav version). You could pump that interdimensionally with tessaracts and convert it back on the other side. That might work for you moon base. :D
Like I said in my last post Tesseracts WORK with Energy Cubes right next to them.

Reactions: RedBoss