Is there any mod that disables block breaking in creative?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have kids.
Young kids.
They enjoy playing minecraft. It is a block building game afterall.
However, I cannot migrate them to survival mode :- They love the bloody zombies wandering around (The Von Doom resource pack was a big hit), so peaceful is out. And are too young to have the co-ords to stop steve falling to his death or starving or burning to death is lava.

So, creative it is. With its palette of stuff (allthough they love NEI now) to create. But, I DO want to give them a game where they can build things without breaking it accidentally. And a lot of mods add items that must be interacted with with left clicks. You can seriously break stuff trying to use portal gun mod too close to the wall you are trying to portal :(

So, is there any bloody way at all I can give them creative mode, but with a left button that works properly, and I can start as a consequence to show them a game where they can actually mine for resources and build things that work. They're bloody fascinated by the machines I make in Monster but, without tool use in Creative, I can't show them in their own games.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
What if you would let them play in survival mode but set the NEI to cheat mode? They can just grab blocks out of NEI, but can't accidentally break any blocks because that would require a pickaxe or shovel? You could disable fall damage, or give them a full set of power armor to counter fall and lava damage. I think that would be easier than to fiddle with mods to disable easy block-breaking in creative mode.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
One of them is a girl, so changing outfits is important.
The boy, on the other hand, gets VERY concerned if there is a breathing bar, or a hunger bar at all visible.
also, most mods that add a flight suit, require it to be recharged even occasionally, in non creative mode.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
While I havent played it on a 1.6 version of MC, modular power suits if setup properly never really needed to be recharged. Between the solar and kenetic generator you could maintain flight for days as long as you didnt use the power hungry tool mods at the same time.

Additionaly you might consider advanced genetics. You can give them flight(stops fall damage as well), infinate breath, and lava/fire immunity. You will see the breating bar underwater but it stays constantly full. With those 3 combat and starvation are prety much the only ways to die.

Cant think of any mods that remove hunger off the top of my head. If gamemode is set to easy you still get mobs and hunger goes a really long way though.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Genetics with the Eat Grass genes? So you can eat grass instead of hunting for food? :p

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Geez man, what age are your kids? You say they don't have basic coordination but say they are interested in all this stuff? Can they even reach the keyboard yet?

I suggest you make them play on easy. They have to learn eventually, you can't have them forever play creative. They can still cheat in cool stuff if they feel they are not having fun, and I'm sure there's items that avoid lava, fall and hunger damage that only need to be held.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'll test it when I can today, but IIRC I accidentally placed my game in adventure mode via NEI and got something close to what you're asking for. I was able to place blocks but not interact with certain blocks like barrels. It may not work since I'm spitballing this, but maybe a world created with cheats on would work. Try cheats on, then change the game mode to adventure I the chat menu. Then set NEI to cheat mode so they can get infinite stacks of any block chosen.

It "might" work. :p

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I'll test it when I can today, but IIRC I accidentally placed my game in adventure mode via NEI and got something close to what you're asking for. I was able to place blocks but not interact with certain blocks like barrels. It may not work since I'm spitballing this, but maybe a world created with cheats on would work. Try cheats on, then change the game mode to adventure I the chat menu. Then set NEI to cheat mode so they can get infinite stacks of any block chosen.

It "might" work. :p
I think this person would like Surival block breaking behavior rather tahn Adventure block breaking behavior. He just wants his kids to not be able to one-click break anything so they don't get frustrated.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
There are mods out there that enable a sort of cheat system.
Try this out
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1688539-164-cjb-mods-rebirth-10-01-14-added-thaumcraft-4-cheats/
Install the core then install the cheats mod. It has thing's like take no damage, inf air/hunger fast plant growth and more.
P1Gcybw.png

It may be perfect for your kids to enjoy normal survival but with out the fear of dieing in any way shape or form. You can also break blocks fast, but not instantly like in creative. With that, plus NEI to spawn in any item they want you have that 'creative touch' yet the survival part to let them kick some zombie tush and take the hits with out receaving damage.

Reactions: RedBoss