Is it possible to get a turtle to put items into a diamond pipe filter ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get a turtle to put items into diamond pipe filter.

writing my first logger program and want to auto build the tree farm with pipe filters.

hopefully there is a way of doing this.

thanks

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Make them insert the items into a chest with something to pull the items out (wooden transport pipe)
Then pipe it all into a diamond pipe.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
Thanks, but that wasn`t quite what I was asking about.....I want the turtle to add an item into a diamond pipe COLOUR to add it as a filter.....

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any ideas ???

Have joined computercraft forum, but for some reason i am not able to make any posts or reply to any.

Can anyone help me with computercraft forum....???

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
You need to have made a certain number of approved posts before you can start threads and you can not post in every thread straight away. (I think the number is three). Look around the forum until you find a thread that you can make a reasonable response to (make sure you aren't necroing the thread and that your comment is on topic). If you still run into problems contact one of the forum admins according to the rules in this thread, http://www.computercraft.info/forum...members-needing-to-ask-questions-please-read/

In any case, why do you need the turtle to set the filter on a diamond pipe. Why not do it manually? It only needs setting once.
Also, turtle.drop(side) does not put items into pipes. However, it might work for conveyor belts (almost definitely I think). The item router is almost the same as the diamond pipe in terms of functionality and works with conveyor belts. Also, conveyor belts can catch falling saplings. (Conveyor and item router from Minefactory Reloaded).

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
You can't set a diamond pipe. You could use a turtle to do the sorting though.

jkennedy1998

Jul 29, 2019
maybe you can do it with thaumcraft? im not sure about that though, as i haven't gone that far in the mod. but maybe hoppers? those are the only two things i could think that could do it.

jkennedy1998

Jul 29, 2019
Wait wait wait wait...
You're trying to automate automation?
Yo dawg

thats what op was trying to do. tho the really easy solution would be just setting up the items before hand, i think he may be trying automate making automated things....i think. me may just be trying to filter out new items in which he could just filter all the items out and then keep the others going to a chest, instead of filtering everything in different spots

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
thats what op was trying to do. tho the really easy solution would be just setting up the items before hand, i think he may be trying automate making automated things....i think. me may just be trying to filter out new items in which he could just filter all the items out and then keep the others going to a chest, instead of filtering everything in different spots
No. He's not. He's trying to automate automation.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I think he's asking us if CC is capable of interfacing with the diamond pipe and changing its settings. It would take more work to make a program to do so, if it's possible, than to just program the diamond pipes yourself. Even if there are a lot, for instance, a row of apiaries.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I checked openperipherals documentation and it has nothing about any of the pipes. Perhaps if you ask Mikeymoo the developer of openperipherals he might be able to do something about it.

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Now I am scared to reply to a post......dont want to violate some rulr !!!!

As i said, i thought my best shot at a solution would be on the computercraft forum, but despite registering, i still cant reply to or make any posts.........dont know how i am meant to interact without this facility......any help please ?

Secondly how do i contact Mikeymoo ???

Thanks for all the help so far.....

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Now I am scared to reply to a post......dont want to violate some rulr !!!!

As i said, i thought my best shot at a solution would be on the computercraft forum, but despite registering, i still cant reply to or make any posts.........dont know how i am meant to interact without this facility......any help please ?

Secondly how do i contact Mikeymoo ???

Thanks for all the help so far.....

Mikeymoo has a couple of threads on these forums. You could try replying to one of those. I don't know how often he checks them though. I think he is more active on the computercraft forum

By the way, I am about to ask you a potentially patronising question but I mean it sincerely,
Are you logged in? I don't think computercraft forums remember your session for very long.
You probably are I'm, but if you haven't been logged in take comfort from the fact that I have just realised why that is why I am not allowed to reply to topics. (I don't go there often though).

If you are logged in to the computercraft forum try replying to the thread I linked to you in an earlier post. If you have some code that isn't working and you don't know why, you can reply to that topic with a brief description of the problem and include your code. You can have a link to it or put in the actual post. Only do it if you have some code to show though because its not the right thread for being told how to code something from scratch. Within a reasonable amount of time a CC moderator will split your query into a new topic that people might reply to. Also make sure to give your query a good title as that is what will be used to label the topic that gets created for you.

Alternatively, you can post your code on these forums. By the way it might be possible for a turtle to put an item into an RP2 filter if you approach it from the side.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't miscperipherals add a diamondpipe program that allows a turtle to function as a diamond pipe? Or is that for the interactive sorter? On that note, could you potentially use the interactive sorter from miscperiphs for this?

Reactions: jkennedy1998

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
The interactive sorter would be good and it is definately cool. I think it has to be static though. Here is the info on it from the forum page.

RichardG said:
The Interactive Sorter can send an incoming item (into its inventory slot) into a specific direction. When an item enters the sorter, it emits event "isort_item", with the item identifier and amount as parameters. The item identifier is an universally unique ID identifying the item and its metadata. Exposes the following functions:
  • sort(direction,amount): Send amount (optional, defaults to as much as possible) of the item in its inventory down a direction. Direction values are: 0 for down, 1 for up, 2 for -Z, 3 for +Z, 4 for -X and 5 for +X.
  • list(direction): Lists the items available in the inventory at the given direction.
  • extract(direction,id,outputDirection,amount): Extracts amount (optional, defaults to as much as possible) of the given item (as id) from the inventory at the given direction, sending it down the given outputDirection.
When sorting, it tries to send the item to:
  • An inventory (respects sidedness)
  • A BuildCraft pipe (if it's installed)
  • If none are found, drop the item in that direction

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
I've already told you. You can't have a turtle do that. It's not possible.
You would be wasting your time and theirs if you made a thread about it on computercraft forums.

One more time: it's not possible.

Reactions: Freakscar

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I've already told you. You can't have a turtle do that. It's not possible.
You would be wasting your time and theirs if you made a thread about it on computercraft forums.

One more time: it's not possible.

You are right, the specific request that the op made is not possible.

There are alternatives though, and some people including the op might learn something from this thread. For example, I didn't know how to use the interactive sorter at all and now I feel ready to start testing it ingame. I would like to know though what Calibra's program is and how it is intended to work.