Invalid Username or password after updating FTB launcher.

Lgweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I'm receiving the Error: Invalid Username or password after updating the FTB launcher.
I can still run minecraft vanilla and my minecraft login works fine. And I can still login to minecraft.net with my login so it's still valid. Any ideas?

HappyMattock

Jul 29, 2019
I solved this for myself. Here's how.
  1. Rename %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\logindata to bogindata
  2. Start the FTB launcher
  3. Create a new profile.
  4. Type in (do not paste) your username and password.
  5. Save the profile
  6. Launch your modpack
I started getting the problem when I accepted an upgrade (from 1.2.9 to 1.3.4). I tried re-entering my account details using my usual method (copy from a password safe and paste), and I noticed that the password box contained one more asterisk than there are characters in my password.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
You can also remove your profile, and re-add it. It's a problem with old launcher mechanics. Not a big deal at all.

HappyMattock

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, I felt so sure I'd nailed it. Well, the tech support people have said the devs are all over it anyway, so there'll be an actual solution (not just me thrashing around in the dark and reporting what seemed to do it for me).

Diocruel

Jul 29, 2019
This time it fixed it self 5 minutes after I last tried, without closing the launcher or changing any settings in the launcher. It just not possible and then it did, for no reason at all. It is pretty frustrating, but I am glad this time it only lasted 2 hours xD.

HappyMattock

Jul 29, 2019
:D Glad you're back in action. BTW that paste-and-get-an-extra-asterisk thing I mentioned earlier, just happened logging in with the vanilla launcher too.