Interesting seed for thaumcraft

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there so since it is easter I thought I should share something here on the forum.

The pack is direwolf 20, 1.7.10, without biomes o' plenty. (personal preference, too many biomes)

seed: 5748182153709683406

so out of the get go you got a dungeon right next to spawn (the yellow wool/waypoint on the right):

mjWfVrm.png

and look what I found inside it:

NT5Fjb9.png

that totem also has a node on it:

VTRLBHF.png

200 blocks north there is a greatwood tree and a obelisk with a node:

7n7WHpx.png

100 blocks west a hungry node:

hlpsE18.png

By the way, just found out that witchery goblins don't get sucked up by nodes:

uUaDU4y.png

also there are two patches of magic forest (don't remember the name) biome quite close

p9cR5Jv.png

TWzM9pI.png

also that mountain range is a extreme hills biomes (at least I did find emerald in it)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
1: You haven't actually posted the seed.
2: Thaumcraft populators(pretty much all the stuff except Magical forests) are added post world gen and are mostly random. So they will not be in the same places even when using the same seed.

Reactions: Boothuisje

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
2: Thaumcraft populators(pretty much all the stuff except Magical forests) are added post world gen and are mostly random. So they will not be in the same places even when using the same seed.
the seed is in the first pic

Reactions: rhn

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019

1: it's on the first picture as it was said (thanks). Sorry I'll edit the OP.

2: Well... I tried the seed two more times and I got the same things. here are the pictures:

the dungeon:
11IixbP.png

and the obelisk:
diqqtym.png

there's the hungry node...
Z5WHgTo.png

PBeWnUw.png

that village wasn't there though....
6Vzi1lt.png

the third world was pretty much the same, but there was also a vilage and this one had walls:
OuMbDHg.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
1: it's on the first picture as it was said (thanks). Sorry I'll edit the OP.

2: Well... I tried the seed two more times and I got the same things. here are the pictures:

the dungeon:
11IixbP.png

and the obelisk:
diqqtym.png

there's the hungry node...
Z5WHgTo.png

PBeWnUw.png

that village wasn't there though....
6Vzi1lt.png

the third world was pretty much the same, but there was also a vilage and this one had walls:
OuMbDHg.png
Hehe cool. Think I have grown so used to people taking screenshots without hiding the GUI and it showing the "saved screenshot...." bit in chat that I just blocked out the seed completely. Sorry about that :p

And that is cool that there is less randomness in TCs spawns now. Could be a bit of a hassle in earlier versions if you found a seed you really liked, then when you recreated the world the bits where not there or there were a giant patch of taint there/not there.