Information and learning.

DaiGalean

Jul 29, 2019
Hello to all.
I have been asked to setup a Minecraft server for some of my friend so I obliged.
Now as I am new to Mindcraft myself, stepping in at the deep end and running a server was not what I really had thought of at first. But it is what it is..
Now I have a couple of questions and I hope that this community can help a person out.

1: Would there be a tutorial on how to install mods into Feed The Best "Mindcrack" server?
2: What would be the most essensial mods that would be suggested?
3: I am looking for a specific mod or plugin that was on a server I recently played, it let you keep your items, xp etc upon death?
4: And any other specific information that as a server owner I should know to run a safe but fun FTB server?

All help is appreciated greatly.
D...

Senmori

Jul 29, 2019
Yo.

1: Would there be a tutorial on how to install mods into Feed The Best "Mindcrack" server?
Yes. While in the launcher, click the 'Download Server' button to download the server of the version you currently have selected(MindCrack, Direwolf, RPG, Ultimate, etc...)
2: What would be the most essensial mods that would be suggested?
Whatever you want, as long as it's Forge compatible or you have a port(BukkitForge or MCPC+)
3: I am looking for a specific mod or plugin that was on a server I recently played, it let you keep your items, xp etc upon death?
/gamerule keepInventory true
4: And any other specific information that as a server owner I should know to run a safe but fun FTB server?
Learn Java arguments to help optimize how the server performs. Click here.
To learn how to setup your server, click here for Linux systems or here for Windows.
I'd also suggest reading this thread so you don't buy something without understanding what you need.

DaiGalean

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Senmori.
But I think you misunderstood my first question. I am looking how to add more mods to a already runing mindcrack server!

DaiGalean

Jul 29, 2019
Another question if I can.
How is it possible to use plugins for a Mindcrack server? Some people say it is not some say it is. A lot of conflicting information at the moment.
Is it possible or is it not ?

Darren

DarkDestry

Jul 29, 2019
About the installation of mods into a already running server, you can just download the mods and put into the directory mods folder or the coremods folder in the server directory.

About plugins, I suggest you obtain MCPC+. It will generate a plugins directory and you can place plugins in there.