Incredibly nooby question..?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ALittleHulk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so, what wires do you use to wire up a peat powered engine to a carpenter? and can you use coal/redstone engines on machines from forestry?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
wooden conductive pipe at the engine, then preferably gold going to the machines. Or you can put the engine adjacent to the machine, or you can use Thermal Expansion conduits.

yes you can use redstone engines but it will take a VERY long time for it to do anything. And by coal you mean steam? Also yes.

EntityOmega

Jul 29, 2019
Use the conductive pipe from buildcraft stone or gold, or use redstone energy conduit from thermal expansion.[DOUBLEPOST=1365445105][/DOUBLEPOST]Ahh lambert's answer was much more in depth.

ALittleHulk

Jul 29, 2019
wooden conductive pipe at the engine, then preferably gold going to the machines. Or you can put the engine adjacent to the machine, or you can use Thermal Expansion conduits.

yes you can use redstone engines but it will take a VERY long time for it to do anything. And by coal you mean steam? Also yes.
Thank you, ive never used forestry before and was getting confused..

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Forestry is an addon for buildcraft so it works well with anything from that mod branch. IE buildcraft, thermal expansion and forestry all use the same power system and working together forestry and thermal expansion really improve buildcraft. I consider forestry how I get fuel, and thermal expansion is how to manage and store energy.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
You can use redstone engines to power forestry blocks? I knew I could use redstone on a rock crusher (well, you have to rig up about 24 or so to get it to about 1 item every 40-50 seconds ... but, it's free... I suppose ... seems ugly though. :)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
You can use redstone engines to power forestry blocks? I knew I could use redstone on a rock crusher (well, you have to rig up about 24 or so to get it to about 1 item every 40-50 seconds ... but, it's free... I suppose ... seems ugly though. :)
it's like 1mj/second or something ridiculous like that. It's pathetically and uselessly slow. Redstone engines are only for pulling shit from pipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1365447581][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is Thermal Expansion? i've never heard of it ;-;
it's a buildcraft addon. And f-ing amazing.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I know they are ... SLOW ... ;) but I was just amazed they even worked at all on forestry stuff. The only device I found they of use for is pulling stuff from chests using a wooden pipe and en-masse on a rock-crusher I wish I never built in the first place. Oh well, guess the free sand and 1 gold nugget would be useful for making glass and a wand. :)

That rock crusher ... I should have known it was useless when I saw the recipe needed 12 diamonds and that it made that heallcious noise whenever it crushed something. I moved my bed.