Imperial and Cultivated Breed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Magyk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been attempting to breed a fast working cultivated bee with my slower working imperial bees. Every time I attempt it, it doesn't work, it just gives me a cultivated (dominant) bee with a mix of imperial. This might be what I need but I'm pretty sure the imperial has to be dominant. Whenever I try to breed the cultivated with an imperial, I get a pure imperial. I don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks!

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Imperial does not have to be dominant. Dominance only matters for this particular generation. Your goal is imperial and fast, so breed the bees with the most imperial and most fast. You will have reached it when both the active and inactive traits are the same and the ones you want.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
It takes a few generations to get the traits fully worked out. Just breed them again, void the very junky ones, and keep going until you get them pure.

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend to stop wasting your time breeding them and invest in the advanced gene manipulation machines. You would get a fast productivity serum from the culitvated, charge it up, purify it, and then innoculate your imperial drone and queen 2-4 times.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend to stop wasting your time breeding them and invest in the advanced gene manipulation machines. You would get a fast productivity serum from the culitvated, charge it up, purify it, and then innoculate your imperial drone and queen 2-4 times.
To add to this, be warned that it will take a lot of energy and liquid DNA. I recommend getting a solid energy supply before you go into SERIOUS bee breeding.