If you could con a Dev for one thing....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So just a random thought experiment for you.

If you could some how get one of the Mod developers to add something. What would it be?

To keep this from turning into Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas thread since that already is a thing I have a few basic rules.

1) it must be simple something a Dev could do on a whim and in a few hours most.
2) No LOL break GregTech or Balance EE or anything 'fix other mod' sort of things.
3) Please don't bash someone else's ideas this is supposed to be for fun guys.. fun you remember fun right?

So what little thing would you like?

I'll start with a simple thing. Sheep dropping Lamb chops.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
But I'm not asking for things to be fixed.

Sometimes I believe you honestly like to single me out and antagonize me. But that would a fairly self center belief on my part so I would rather assume you just do this to everyone one.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'll start with a simple thing. Sheep dropping Lamb chops.

Try TerrafirmaCraft! Sheep are actually one of the best animals to keep there, because in addition to hides and meat (which cows and pigs also drop), you also get wool. Plus the later-game option to shear them for wool without killing them.

Now, what would I want to con a dev into implementing... hmm. Probably a better config for Redpower2. Detail options for worldgen, allowed items, power production and consumption settings and the like. I am a config whore and I'm not ashamed!

(Unfortunately, my actual wish doesn't qualify for this thread...)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
oh yeah as stated in the no topic thread a computercraft command that can retrieve items in creative

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Con Azanor to produce an upgrade for the Axe of the Stream, that will also destroy all leaves instantly instead of them staying forever and a day until they have decayed on their own.
(I once destroyed a legendary oak with an AotS and the lag from all those saplings lying around everywhere from decay was enormous.)

Con Pahimar into doing the next episode of his Let's Mod series ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man yes I totally hate the leaves just hanging around. I use a wand of excavation on them. But yeah an upgrade for the axe would be awesome.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man yes I totally hate the leaves just hanging around. I use a wand of excavation on them. But yeah an upgrade for the axe would be awesome.
This problem is the cause, why the AotS will never be a substitute for simply adding TreeCapitator.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, probably something like being able to have a secondary hotbar with alt-numbers or something, for the second hand.

Or storing dusts in to throw. Imagine if you could throw ash in player's faces for a 1 second blindness!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure if this could be done in a few hours, but a counterpart to forestries fermenter that uses animal matter to generate some form of liquid fuel. Yes, I know GregTech has something like that (I believe) but there needs to be a MJ based system that can do something with Rotten Flesh & Raw Beef.

Apart from that, Chickens that will also drop feathers as they run around. I always have great trouble bringing myself to kill chickens....

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
A freaking use for water bottle like hydration system , and would make it able for u to stay alive after losing all hunger but for a lil while but on dehydration you would just die like you would be in water.