If Redpower doesn't update...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to keep the world gen (the gems, volcanoes, marble), the tools (gem tools and sickle), microblocks and the project table.
(hint hint, any modders out there looking for a project;) )

I think nearly everything else can be accomplished in relatively the same fashion through other mods.
(Needed somewhere to put my 2 cents)

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to keep the world gen (the gems, volcanoes, marble), the tools (gem tools and sickle), microblocks and the project table.

I think nearly everything else can be accomplished in relatively the same fashion through other mods.
whats the point of worrying about it, play with what you have at the moment and have fun :) . Stuff will be sorted for the future

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's going to be very very difficult to get used to using shitty vanilla redstone again. And methinks a mod needs to be made/found that just adds nice looking useless blocks like marble and basalt. And yeah, lack of a sickle is going to drive me INSANE!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
play with what you have at the moment and have fun
But I don't ever get the chance to have fun because I'm always too wrapped up with help desk work when I get done with RL work.
It's going to be very very difficult to get used to using shitty vanilla redstone again. And methinks a mod needs to be made/found that just adds nice looking useless blocks like marble and basalt. And yeah, lack of a sickle is going to drive me INSANE!
I think some one (or multiple someones) could break it down into different mods.
Something like EBXL could do world gen, someone could do something involving all of the redstone stuff.
I think Mojang needs to just add the sickle lol

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
powercrystals has already done a red alloy type thing, immbis has microblocks, & im sure there is a mod that adds gems :p . Also check slows post pretty good know we finally have public clarification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
powercrystals has already done a red alloy type thing, immbis has microblocks, & im sure there is a mod that adds gems :p . Also check slows post pretty good know we finally have public clarification
That post is why I created this thread. My opinion on what should happen if it doesn't update does not belong on a thread where Slowpoke is telling us what's up

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019

so given there are no freeform world moving/machine construction systems out there anywhere near current aside from rp2 frames, ugocraft which isn't compatible, and the unfinished/incomplete code from grummdot.. what was the alternative solution?

also, i agree, and you have no idea how many times i've seen ebxl red bricks, looked for a microblock, then cursed aloud.
simple pallete shifted bricks, we have what, two different colored light systems two colored wool sets. and colored glass, but not bricks o_O. (also arboriculture stair blocks don't seem to allow inverted placement.). think mfr version going in to ultimate 1.0.2 might have a few alternate bricks. hmm. still, frames.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
I think some people don't realize just how much of the pack comes from RP2. There is no way you can replace it and keep using your existing world, which is unacceptable. I think a lot of us are about to hit a Tekkit-like update wall. I just restarted my server when Ultimate came out, I'm not going to do it again for awhile, I'm tired of starting over for now.

The only solution I see is that the mod could be dissected and then distributed to other mods if their authors are willing to take on the extra work (and Eloraam would/could allow her mod to be taken apart). Other that that, what is the solution? Sure, there are other mods that could cover some of the things RP brings to the game, but getting multiple mods to play nice and then make some attempt to balance them to fit with everything else would be a nightmare, and would take weeks or months to get ready (at which time another vanilla update would come out and wreck the whole thing). I really have no idea what's going on with Eloraam, I don't follow the apparent drama that has been ongoing for as long I remember, but it seems like if you are going to commit to a larger project like this, then you need to either keep your end up or just stop altogether and pass the burden on to someone else.

The real solution to this problem would be if Mojang would quit screwing around and get the Mod API out there, but, alas, that is a debate for another thread.

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The real solution to this problem would be if Mojang would quit screwing around and get the Mod API out there, but, alas, that is a debate for another thread.
Feel free to debate that here. Thus why I chose Mod Discussion as the subforum for this post.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I think that one of the key points is the mixing of mods to work nicely. For the most part RP is stand alone. Heck the majority of the stuff in the mod packs are stand alone. Them working together is nice but by no means the main goal of the mod makers.

I also don't think we hit a "Tekkit-Lite" point. Tekkit 1.2.5 stayed for so long because of popularity, i believe. Same thing if I remember form 1.7 Beta.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019

I don't consider marble and basalt useless. after macerating and centrifuging (+automated canning machine) that stuff, it gives pretty useful materials. and I consider turning iron ore with a CaCO3-cell into 3 refined iron ingots to be usefull :)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't consider marble and basalt useless. after macerating and centrifuging (+automated canning machine) that stuff, it gives pretty useful materials. and I consider turning iron ore with a CaCO3-cell into 3 refined iron ingots to be usefull :)
I've not gotten much into Gregtech so just assume I know fuck all about it.