IC2 Reactor designed to melt

Excalibur2289

Jul 29, 2019
Due to an increase of free time, lack of other options, and the lacking of modded minigame maps, I have decided to build my own. One aspect, however, I have no clue how to set up. I have the idea of having a nuclear reactor from IC2 exploding when one team "wins", but I have absolutely no experience with IC2's reactor. I need the reactor to explode after two minutes of being turned on, but I also need it to cool as quickly when turned off. If anyone has a design that can help, please let me know!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's possible without swapping components. Getting it to blow in 2 min, easy just use the reactor planner above and add in cells until you reach explosion in 2 min. Getting it to cool as well in 2min will be impossible as if it could do that then it wouldn't explode.

Only solution I can think is if the countdown is interrupted is to flood the reactor with cooling cell/condensators, but not sure how quick that will drop the temp.

OR

Have the cooling in the reactor and pull it all out when the countdown starts and refill if it's interrupted.

OR

Use an actual nuke and a timer set to 2 min, much easier to handle the resets etc

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I guess/think you could create a larger reactor than you need(by adding the expansion thingy) and then "cool" it down instantly by using a block breaker to break and replace either the main reactor or the expansion thingy(which should ofc be left empty of components). Seem to remember changing the reactor dumped all heat when using MOX fuel reactor setups.

Or hmm.. guess the casings need to be wrenched. Complications... Might just be easier with a nuke and a timer.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Easiest way to get that would probably be a computercraft program and a reactor/other explosive that blows up instantly. Something like:
Code:
while game is in progress
    t=0
    while redstone is on and t<120
        t=t+1
        sleep(1)
    if t==120
        Activate redstone signal leading to reactor
    else
        while t>0
            t=t-1
            sleep(1)