i must admit, im suprised

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dannypeck

Jul 29, 2019
First off this is not a GT whine thread, please don't turn it into one. if anything, its praise for him (and all the other mods/modpack authors for TPPI)
ok so im used to loading up any pack with GT in, going downstairs and frying me breakfast, making some filter coffee,eating it (breakfast of course, haha) coming back up and finding GT is about half way loaded. today, i sat and watched the console, just to see what was taking so long. it took under two mins. which is bloody fast
good job everyone!
so, which is your fastest loading pack?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
If we're talking just pack with no mods added, for me it's DW20. But once I add GT, Metallurgy, and some other mods, load time is around 5-6 minutes. Still not bad for all the textures, and other bs it has to load.

Reactions: RealSketch

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
depends on comp and mods...it takes me about a minute, but i load maybe 90 mods off a heavily trimmed down monster pack

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
...This thread seems a bit pointless, but I'll go along with it.
I've never really measured the amount of time it takes for a modpack to download, it don't think it's something important.
This is just a guess, but FTB Unstable. It has the least amount of mods and should be the easiest to download.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
First load with GT will always take a lot longer- its building the dynamic config, and generating all the plate/rod/bolt ect metal items.
(How many of you think Greg adds all those manually?)
After that hes done a lot of optimisation- cutting the speed right down.

Fasted load- old vanilla install; 1.2.5 +optifine +ponymod.
Slowest load- Digital Reality [private pack], or TPPI.

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
...This thread seems a bit pointless, but I'll go along with it.
I've never really measured the amount of time it takes for a modpack to download, it don't think it's something important.
This is just a guess, but FTB Unstable. It has the least amount of mods and should be the easiest to download.
The thread is about client load time, not modpack download time.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica adds a few seconds to load time as does tinker's construct. You'd think traincraft would add a good amount of waiting as well since its the largest file in my mods folder but it really doesnt. I think it has a lot to do with how many textures are in the mod.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
GT messes around with certain other mods mechanics; To do this it has to either load it's own content and wait to change the other mods after they are loaded OR wait for the mod to start loading certain content then interject and change what the mod is loading. With other mods that Greg tinkers with load time might increase but with mods he doesn't mess with it shouldn't actually be a big deal.

I mean if you actually look at the console when the pack is loading you see it first hand what is happening. All the mods are stumbling over each other, shaking hands and messing with others work, removeing and adding in a flurry of code.
I'm surprise we don't have to wait 10 mins for things to load, thankfully I was raised on an Amiga A500 so 60+ seconds you learned to get used to. I'm also waiting for a person older then me regaling us of times where they had to wait 5 mins to load something from a floppy disk in a time where they actually where floppy (3 inch floppies where actually quite rigid).