i have a server up and running but

justin

Jul 29, 2019
  • What OS are you running? windows 7
  • Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft? using my own computer for the host
  • What version of FTB are you using? 1.0.7is the version of the launcher that iam using
  • Did you add any mods to the server pack? no but i would like to add opitfine
  • What are your server specs?
  • [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.2
    [WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
    [INFO] Loading properties
    [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [INFO] Generating keypair
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on
    [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 68%
    [INFO] Done (1.746s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

[INFO] User inuyasha6969 connecting with mods []
    [INFO] inuyasha6969[] logged in with entity id 211 at (-43.5, 65.62000000476837, 256.5)
    [INFO] inuyasha6969 lost connection: disconnect.quitting

• A good detailed paragraph about the problem
  • the only thing i have a problem with is that i am the host but why can i not use nei and give myself anything it says i do not have permission to do that i just want to work has i am the host i dont need permission to do anything on my own server it not gonna be any bigger then 3 to 5 people on the server

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
you do need permissions. You need to add your name into the file "ops" in your server folder.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not wrong only OP is allowed to give something to players (including self even through NEI).

In the server console, run:
Code:
op inuyasha6969

(For all possible commands run help 1-7 from the server console.)

But from what I can see in the logs it states no mods at your client when you login. Have you removed the lines in the log or is your client without mods? :confused: If the NEI mod is not on both the server and client there will be a "permission denied" response.

Edit: Sorry for my lazy response. Glad you got there before me Greedseed :)

justin

Jul 29, 2019
why is the trash icon gone i am in cheat mode and in creative mode but its not there
just wondering about that and think you it is working now[DOUBLEPOST=1353595061][/DOUBLEPOST]i removed some lines cause of the ip address was there yes the mods are in the game i see everything that is there but thank you very much on the help

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not wrong only OP is allowed to give something to players (including self even through NEI).

In the server console, run:
Code:
op inuyasha6969

(For all possible commands run help 1-7 from the server console.)

But from what I can see in the logs it states no mods at your client when you login. Have you removed the lines in the log or is your client without mods? :confused: If the NEI mod is not on both the server and client there will be a "permission denied" response.

Nope if you take a item out of NEI that is not in the server there will be 2 things that can happen
  1. You get the message "there is no such item"
  2. Your cleint crahses due to the missing item on the server

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
Nope if you take a item out of NEI that is not in the server there will be 2 things that can happen
  1. You get the message "there is no such item"
  2. Your cleint crahses due to the missing item on the server

I must have mixed it when I used Tekkit. There when I moved NEI_mod from the server (for preventing cheat loot as it was on by default for all) clients got the message they did'nt had permission to take it when they clicked in the inventory NEI-list. Maybe it's only with Bukkit-mods then? Sorry for messed it up. :(