I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
Wasted 4 nether stars trying to create the perfect TiCo weapon... Each time i remembered afterwards something that would make it even better.

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
At least you have something to do with yours.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
You could say that
xprycK7.png

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not sure this really counts as a derp, so much as an annoying and incredibly expensive bug.

I got to the stage on my new(ish) world where I started building my traditional modular powersuit. My suspicion was first aroused that something was wrong in that shift+clicking any part of it other than the helmet wouldn't equip it from my hotbar or move it into a chest, I had to drag and drop them.

Nevertheless, I went about making all the bits I wanted (including more than a dozen filled tesseract frames for forcefield generators for various bits). I got everything set up nicely, put the suit parts in the charger, they charged up just fine.

So then I went to the nether to go collect some glowstone and quartz (and mimichite and cobalt and ardite and all the other cornucopia of goodies a heatproof flying invincibility suit allows me easy access to).

But then, the first block I broke with the power fist caused the fist to disappear. Then the first time I took a hit from some lava, all the bits of my suit apart from the helmet disappeared. WTF is this bullshit?

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Had one happen the other day in vanilla.

On the survival server I play on, they had a sweet enderman farm set up in the End. I had some really great gear, so I ground some levels then went to leave. I was impatient, so I started enderpearling.

I threw too many and... yeah.... into the void.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I automated the creation of Mekanism's infused alloy or however this is called, made from one iron and one redstone. I use this a lot because the control circuit is ore dict'ed with IC2's circuit.
Today I discovered a much more resource efficient recipe: You can put one redstone dust into an enricher and get compressed redstone, which is worth 9 (edit: 10) times as much for creation of the alloy.
I wasted so much redstone :(

Last edited:

KerbecsDX

Jul 29, 2019
I got a MFR Laser Drill and some Prechargers set-up in an area, with a shaft down to bedrock. I had forgotten that I placed a dirt block in the middle of the hole, so I could put the actual Laser Drill on top and let it drill away. When I powered it and it didn't work, I broke in directly under it to see what was wrong and broke the dirt block, and started taking damage. To make it worse, a zombie found a way inside my cave area and kept me in the line of the laser... (In retrospect, I could have fixed it from the top)

Reactions: netmc and ljfa

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
I automated the creation of Mekanism's infused alloy or however this is called, made from one iron and one redstone. I use this a lot because the control circuit is ore dict'ed with IC2's circuit.
Today I discovered a much more resource efficient recipe: You can put one redstone dust into an enricher and get compressed redstone, which is worth 9 (edit: 10) times as much for creation of the alloy.
I wasted so much redstone :(
Seriously?! Oh man, I wasted so many blocks of redstone.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
New derp:
My keyboard was not working while I was playing FTB, causing me to be stuck in one place, in my base, next to a stack of chests, until I can bring my mouse cursor out of FTB. I thought it would be a good idea to not click on the chests and put my computer to sleep while it was also hosting a server... It didn't want to wake up. Worried (and a bit panicking), I manually shut it down...
Boy that was a great idea, I can upgrade to Windows 8 now.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
New derp:
My keyboard was not working while I was playing FTB, causing me to be stuck in one place, in my base, next to a stack of chests, until I can bring my mouse cursor out of FTB. I thought it would be a good idea to not click on the chests and put my computer to sleep while it was also hosting a server... It didn't want to wake up. Worried (and a bit panicking), I manually shut it down...
Boy that was a great idea, I can upgrade to Windows 8 now.
I wouldn't really call Windows 8 an upgrade.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
i would. (imo)

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but genuinely curious as to what you like about the system?

For me, I just hate the tablet-like layout that they tried to inject into Windows 8. They had the perfect layout in my opinion with Windows 7.

One thing I do like is (with somethings) it can be resource efficient.

For god knows why though, my Windows 8 computer starts minecraft up and I am able to play with 100+ FPS, but sometimes it starts and I get 20-30 FPS. It's completely random, and it doesn't happen on my other machine running 7. Perhaps its java's fault... Damn you java...

Anyway, not very much on topic.

One of my derps last week was deleting a corrupted world because I thought there was nothing I could do about it, and soon found a few fixes.... Bye 200-hour gameplay world :(

Reactions: Padfoote

abaga129

Jul 29, 2019
As far as Win 8 performance goes, it is definitely an upgrade. I noticed a pretty big difference when I downgraded to 7. But yeah the interface definitely wasn't designed with techy people like us in mind :( oh well!

My derp: Had a pen full of mooshrooms with autonomous activators gathering mushroom stew. I decided to put wheat in the activators to automatically breed more mooshrooms. Didn't think about how many 4 stacks of wheat would make... Let's just say that now I have plenty of leather and beef :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: YX33A

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I generally think of Windows 8 as a pretty terrible OS, but I will fully admit that on my touch screen laptop, it is amazing. That is what it was designed for and it does what it was designed for very, very well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: YX33A