How many HP boilers can you run on a single full powered Emeriad Upgraded MFR tree farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
You know, if "how much stuff I get out of it" is your definition of "amazing", then you can just edit the Forestry config to make that much more amazing by increasing the biomass yield of saplings. Configureable amazingness? Now that's amazing! If only NEI included a block that could be set to output items automatically without having to click on the item menu, then NEI would be the most amazing mod possible.

My definition of amazing is how much utility a mod brings to the modpack without completely breaking it. MFR does a fine job of that.

As it stands, I find MFR to be a tiny bit on the cheap side, but I plan on switching to the GT recipes as soon as I get access to them in 1.5.1+.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
If that's a concern, in 1.5 you can edit the power cost of MFR stuff if you think they're too cheap.

Very nice! Is there the ability to alter this based on what is being affected? In particular I would be looking at tweaking the values to harvest/fertilize trees and crops at different rates in an ideal world.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I have actually, I do things a bit differently however. I don't use the saplings for biomass, I use plantballs from the leaves using the leaf shearing ability of the harvesters.

I really don't recommend using the emerald upgrade, the farms are more efficient when they are smaller so you are better off just making a bunch of smaller farms.

I've been running 36 max size HP boilers (with fuel surplus) from 2 copper upgraded (11x11) MFR farms in the following video:

However, I've been experimenting with rubber tree farms instead and they seem to be a better option. I centrifuge the rubberwood and resin to get plantballs and compressed plantballs.
Okay but.. How are pulling all the MJ out of those? Your converting all the steam to eu and take advantage of low power loss and infinite packets? Cause one conduit line can only deliver 500MJ/t so they're bottlenecks for those setups. I get how your able to run so many boilers using just compressed plants as you using the rather costly way to make fertilizers. You could easily use IC2 fertilizers without having to make all that brown stuff and composter eating 2k eu per fertilizer or something crazy of that range. I finally have an idea how to figure out the boilers I can run. Just need to figure out how many stills I can run and for every 2 stills at work can run 3 boilers. (one still output 0.75mb per tick at full power assuming they take 20 seconds per operation need to double check that). I bet with that many boilers your getting a lot of UUM too.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice! Is there the ability to alter this based on what is being affected? In particular I would be looking at tweaking the values to harvest/fertilize trees and crops at different rates in an ideal world.
That's an interesting idea but it'd take some fairly invasive changes to make that work, so if it does happen it won't be anytime soon. Sorry.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Okay but.. How are pulling all the MJ out of those? Your converting all the steam to eu and take advantage of low power loss and infinite packets? Cause one conduit line can only deliver 500MJ/t so they're bottlenecks for those setups. I get how your able to run so many boilers using just compressed plants as you using the rather costly way to make fertilizers. You could easily use IC2 fertilizers without having to make all that brown stuff and composter eating 2k eu per fertilizer or something crazy of that range. I finally have an idea how to figure out the boilers I can run. Just need to figure out how many stills I can run and for every 2 stills at work can run 3 boilers. (one still output 0.75mb per tick at full power assuming they take 20 seconds per operation need to double check that). I bet with that many boilers your getting a lot of UUM too.
i used to run 10 still supplied with biomass from 3 fermenters, 2 of which supplied with plantablls and 1 with supplings to feed my 7 36 hp boilers, but then i just changed stills with 1 distillation tower, from gregtech(was a bit tricky to automate)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
On my PC world I've got an 11x11 MFR tree farm that supplies enough charcoal for 5 36hp boilers (charcoal because planks are being nerfed soon) without fertilizer. A full-size MFR farm would be 25x25, with a growing area of 625 blocks - a bit more than 5x my 11x11 farm. This means that it should supply around 25 36hp boilers; that is, until solid-fueled boilers get yet another unecessary nerf. Luckily i've already get refined bees...

The annoying thing is that I was getting a ton of saplings, but not enough to run another boiler.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Wow what's with nerfing solid fuels?? I'm sure liquid fueled fireboxes will be next in line for the "nerf bat". Cause your able to "dupe" fuel with full HP boilers burning on fuel. We'll probably get either an array of USPs or fusion reactors once we actually get that far.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
None of that power gets turned into EU. It gets turned into MJ and goes to a mining machine with energy tesseracts.

You actually get less leaves per tree the more fertilizer you use because the trees will overlap, I also use one of the farms for saplings, if you use too much fertilizer you go through saplings faster than you can harvest them.

I don't use any boilers for UUM, I have one matter fabricator but I would only need the UUM for emeralds or rubies and I don't really need that many emeralds and I have tons of chrome.