How can you grow timewood clocks?(it IS possible)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Long story short, I play on a FTB direwolf20 server and some of the guys have been showing me their builds, they are using timewood clocks to grow their crops faster. They use quite a few of them, in fact about 2-3 have all of them. They somehow figured out a way to grow them, no clue how, if I somehow manage to get one (our twilight is getting reset tomorrow so I'll have a chance) then I need to be able ot make more of them.

Like I said, I know its possible, they just won't share the secret. Any clue how, any mods that maybe make it easier to get saplings?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
According to the wiki... (damn, this is the second post in a row I reference one):

The Timewood Clock is a block from the Twilight Forest mod. This block is the part of the Tree of Time that contains the tree's special properties. It can be toggled on/off by simply right clicking the block. Harvesting this block will yield a Timewood block, unless Silk Touch I is on the tool used to harvest it.

Then following the link for the Tree of Time:

The Tree of Time is a tree from the Twilight Forest mod. This tree is used to speed up crop growth rate, using a Timewood Clock, which can not be harvested. The sapling for this tree can be found in Leaf Dungeons.

The Twilight Forest is as large as the Overworld, so if they have explored it enough, I'm sure they could easily have found plenty of the Leaf Dungeons to get saplings to grow the trees to get the clocks.

Wiki's are your friend!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Protip for hunting leaf dungeons: Bring a Botania Mana Blaster with a Damage/Phantom focus. This will be able to shoot through solid blocks, but can still damage mobs through them.

The dungeons are very hard to see, since they spawn in the canopy of Twilight Oaks and are surrounded by, well, leaves. However, since they also contain spawners, they will usually have a few swarm spiders in them by the time you get close. Once you can hear some spiders nearby, fire your mana blaster in the direction the sound is coming from. If you hit a spider, you'll hear it; and at that point, you know for sure you've got a leaf dungeon on your hands.

Alternatively, you can just use Flint and Steel or Thaumcraft's Flame wand focus to burn the tree to the ground (or at least the canopy). Chests don't burn, so if you have flight, you can just fly around the charred remnants of the tree and loot the chests.

Finally, if you don't have flight, there are vines lining the inside of the trunk of each and every twilight oak. Probably the easiest way to get up and down without a jetpack or something of that nature.

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you guys understand HOW MANY they have, and legitly. (server is really strict about cheating). They arn't just going and finding them, they are legitimately farming them. I just can't figure out how. yeah, getting the first one is important, but they ARE getting more tree's out of a single tree somehow and thats what I'm trying to figure out.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Is your server using GriefPrevention? If so, as soon as the Tree of Time grows inside a claim, its sapling will be inside the hollow trunk. I personally experienced this in 1.6.4, not sure if the same "cheat" can be used in 1.7.10.