How can i hide glass fibre cables in the wall?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis Microblocks! RP Microblocks are in the category RP Microblocks which is in RP Core. Technically, it is not in RP Core, but whatever.

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
waste of IDs!
Oh no, what are we going to do?! If only they would just expand the block ID limit above 256...
And adding to an already cluttered NEI. The RP2 microblocks should be like wool recipes, where it just flashes differently based on the kind of block you use. Then have 2 separate versions of each type of multiblock for the ones that use iron or diamond handsaw.
1) Disable them via NEI subsets.
2) Disable their display in NEI from the immibis-microblocks.cfg file.

Anyway, Immibis's microblocks are pretty awesome, since you can also make microblocks out of most (sadly not all... yet) mod blocks too, and they can cover almost any type of wiring/pipes (such as: IC2, BC, TE, UE)!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, what are we going to do?! If only they would just expand the block ID limit above 256...

4096 is not all that many more (sixteen times, to be exact). Those can go by fairly quickly if mods start using a LOT of block IDs.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, Immibis's microblocks are pretty awesome, since you can also make microblocks out of most (sadly not all... yet) mod blocks too, and they can cover almost any type of wiring/pipes (such as: IC2, BC, TE, UE)!

Oh! They can cover Pipes and UE Wiring now?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I find interesting that you can add to the config your own blocks to be able to be cut, add cables of other mods so they are compatible, and still uses only 1 ID... and that is impressive.

Guess how many block IDs immibis's microblocks use: 1. No matter how many microblocks you have, it's 1. Turned every block in the game into a microblock? 1.

and redpower ones?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I find interesting that you can add to the config your own blocks to be able to be cut, add cables of other mods so they are compatible, and still uses only 1 ID... and that is impressive.

and redpower ones?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redpower 2 config has three blocks under "Base" First is Appliance, Second is Microblocks, Third is Multiblocks. Now, I admit I don't know a lot about Redpower 2 and how things actually work, but I'm fairly certain that Redpower 2 adds zero multiblock items, and almost completely certain that there isn't any in the Core section. Unless she's using that like for things like the furnace in Vanilla, that is, using a second blockID for a texture change on one face and making it give off light when in use, I have no clue what that's actually for. And to be honest, that's pretty wasteful.

Tl;Dr RP2 config says it only has 1 block for multiblocks. In game they seem to be done with damage values. Difference is everyone was saying you couldn't have ALL THE BLOCKS as microblocks for the longest time, and then Immibis made his Microblocks which, in fact, could. I recall something about how they even can work on RP2 tubes without a rework, but that's disabled due to some Drama.

Reactions: Dravarden

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Since they just use tileentities (which have their own issues with rendering and memory usage) I don't find it incredibly impressive.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis microblocks work with whatever pipe/tube/cable in existence, and you can add your own blocks to the config, why doesn't eloraam do the same, if she is ''minecraft mod god'' and can code everything?

I really need a way to disable redpower microblocks... does the old ''set the id in the config to 0'' work?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a way to disable redpower microblocks...

Remove RedPower2 will disable RedPower2 Microblocks.

That aside, because of your claims that people believe she is the "MineCraft Mod God" and "can code everything", why hasn't she coded a majority of the things that people want coded? Because, obviously, your dramatic accusations (which you surely cannot substantiate) are nothing more than noise.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Remove RedPower2 will disable RedPower2 Microblocks.

That aside, because of your claims that people believe she is the "MineCraft Mod God" and "can code everything", why hasn't she coded a majority of the things that people want coded? Because, obviously, your dramatic accusations (which you surely cannot substantiate) are nothing more than noise.

redpower has cool stuff, like frames and... tube frames and... frame motors and... a cool looking useless engine! why should I disable it?

she hasn't coded the things that people want because she has a life and stuff... And I'm not the one here inventing that she is a god, just search a bit on the forums and you will see all her blind folowers. Just like me, I like mojang, and unless my pc doesn't ''blow up'' I won't hate them, unless their pc blows up when using redpower, they will still use it till the end of the universe

EDIT: I changed the ID to 0, they still show up in NEI, but you can't place them... neither pneumatic, cables, and jacketed... because the air is microblocks, you can't place any block...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis microblocks work with whatever pipe/tube/cable in existence, and you can add your own blocks to the config, why doesn't eloraam do the same, if she is ''minecraft mod god'' and can code everything?

Simple! Remove Redpower 2 from your setup, and they are disabled. Other then that, you pretty much are SOL.

And believe me, eloraam isn't a minecraft code god. She's only human, and much like the rest of us, needs to have a job to pay the bills, and on occasion, fucks up her code. She doesn't deserve to be held to such a high standard. Because no one can accomplish what people say she can. It's even more disrespectful in my eyes to say she's a "Minecraft Code God" then to say she's "Not that great of a coder" because one puts her up on a pedestal, and it's hard to get down from those without getting hurt.
I feel bad for her. Everyone expects so much from her. I guess that I can sympathize better because I have a lot on my plate and everyone expects me to go from nothing to something very quickly. It's a infinite sized upgrade no matter how big of a something you become if you're going from a zero start.

Reactions: Whovian and Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
redpower has cool stuff, like frames and... tube frames and... frame motors and... a cool looking useless engine! why should I disable it?

You asked this:

I gave you an answer to your question.

she hasn't coded the things that people want because she has a life and stuff... And I'm not the one here inventing that she is a god, just search a bit on the forums and you will see all her blind folowers. Just like me, I like mojang, and unless my pc doesn't ''blow up'' I won't hate them, unless their pc blows up when using redpower, they will still use it till the end of the universe

Fanaticism is a disease, as demonstrated.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I said I wan't to disable the old microblocks, not the whole mod.

I will just change their id to like 4096 and disable it in NEI so they don't show up.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I said I wan't to disable the old microblocks, not the whole mod.

Again, you said this:

You did not say this:

I really need a way to disable redpower microblocks without disabling the entire RedPower2 mod...

So I'm not really sure why you are confused as to why you're getting people telling you to disable RP2. May I suggest rewriting your original post to reflect this additional information?

I will just change their id to like 4096 and disable it in NEI so they don't show up.

If you want to try and set it outside of the itemID bounds, you'll likely get an error because of that. Give it a shot, though, and see if it works. Good luck!

Reactions: Whovian