Hosts?

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. Better off going with a provider that doesn't specialize with Minecraft. Save a ton of money that way :)

Redstonehost and Creeper Host are probably the lowest on the tier of great servers. I am qualified to say that seeing as I have experience running MC servers since multiplayer was first invented and have used both those hosts more than once. Most people ignore this advice, but do yourself a favor and save yourself a headache and go with a decent host :)

Davidobot

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper Host is very reliable but not so cheap. I use it (the zombie server) and I have a 15+ people server with the dw20 pack.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Just cause a server host doesn't mention Minecraft anywhere doesn't mean their servers won't be good, maybe great for it.

For a host that actually markets themselves as Minecraft hosts check these guys. http://redstonehost.com/

Pretty damn user friendly, but you can do things like run Mumble servers alongside it, change the OS, stuff like that. I picked the Diamond Tier for about 10 people, working great.

Edit: The 3 providers that have been mentioned in this thread so far are considered the top 3 choices I would say, depending on location.

ZephyrMC

Jul 29, 2019
If your looking for a Dedicated box, I would check out Incero. Their prices are not the greatest if you're looking for deals, however their support/reliability is fantastic. Your really do get what you pay for...

SeanWcom

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pleased with FragNet.net. I have a 3gb server with them, running the Direwolf20 pack.

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pleased, very pleased actually with Vilayer. Their virtual servers are pretty beastly for their price. I'll put it this way 12ish players on, generating terrain, dynmap rendering, with no server lag. This is with some good power gen and other ages loaded.

Edit: Even our Aussie users I believe weren't experiencing anything out of the norm. As for customer service goes, no issues. I had a question and it was answered within 2 hours, no hassles. Uptime has been amazing, I don't think we've been down due to their end, just the usual minecraft errors that pop up from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk