Help with new ModPack

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working on a MobPack of my own. I could use a bit of help with ruin creation. I need just buildings, future/post apoc buildings. Chisel and ztones can be used. Biomes can be Wasteland and any of the 4space and galacticraft biomes. Mainly need wasteland.

I'm currently having an issue with keeping a single biome on my map. I have tried biometweaker (which did not work at all, no matter with I did), TerrainControl (crashed). Currently I have ClimateControl and extrabiomesXL that seems to work most of the time. But I would like more control over the generation of the biome. ex... less lakes, more flat spots and no villages, strongholds or any other vanilla structures. Also is seems that ClimateControl slows down the game alot. Any ideas would be awesome. Would be aweome to just have it generate a single biome like in mystcraft then lock the map in place with lockdown and not use CC.

Thanks in Advance.

BeerCav

Retired Staff
Jul 3, 2014
U.S. Army - Retired
Here:

=====================
World Generation Mods
=====================​
Lockdown:
This is a fairly simple mod that allows for every world created to be a clone of a template world, allowing for an easier world-recreation than having to redownload the world every time.

Perfect Spawn:
A small mod that allows for the pack creator to set an exact spawn using coordinates and a dimension ID.

Climate Control:
An amazing mod that allows one to customize the default world generation, changing the frequency of islands, continents, oceans, lakes, biomes, and much more.

ExtraBiomesXL:
Although primarily a biome-adding mod, this mod also has config options to enable/disable biomes and villages in those biomes for EBXL and Vanilla biomes. This does not currently function in 1.7.10.

DefaultWorldGenerator:
This is a small mod that allows the pack creator to specify which type of world generation should be the default (with support for biome mods), such as Amplified, Biomes O' Plenty, or Superflat.

Dimension Guard:
A mod that prevents players from placing blocks in dimensions, which can be configured in the config file.

Deadly World:
A completely configurable mod that allows for the pack creator to add a variety of objects to underground world generation, such as Sand, Lava, Water, and Silverfish veins, boss mobs, spawners, TNT and potion traps, loot chests, and much more. It also allows for the pack creator to modify the spawn rate of Vanilla dungeons.

Biome Tweaker:
A really amazing mod that allows you to basically create your own biomes by allowing you to edit every property of existing ones.

I highlighted the ones I think would help you.

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
Ex. I want only one type of Biome to generate. With no villages or other type of structures.
Lockdown will "lock-down" the Map once I get it generated.

Almost like how Crash landing or Blast Off. I kinda figured out how regrowth does but it does not work all the time. BiomeTweaker was promising according to the description but does not work well (you can not remove Biomes. I can not seem to figure out how Blast Off does it. They used flat customized for the terrain generation then Locked it down. But I do not know how he got it to be one Biome. when you use Flat customize you can not select a biome. I tried temporally adding Mystcraft, making a world the way i wanted then copying over to the overworld DIM0 then taking out mystcraft but it did not work for me.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ex. I want only one type of Biome to generate. With no villages or other type of structures.
Lockdown will "lock-down" the Map once I get it generated.

Almost like how Crash landing or Blast Off. I kinda figured out how regrowth does but it does not work all the time. BiomeTweaker was promising according to the description but does not work well (you can not remove Biomes. I can not seem to figure out how Blast Off does it. They used flat customized for the terrain generation then Locked it down. But I do not know how he got it to be one Biome. when you use Flat customize you can not select a biome. I tried temporally adding Mystcraft, making a world the way i wanted then copying over to the overworld DIM0 then taking out mystcraft but it did not work for me.
You can actually select biomes with Superflat, but it's not really obvious on how to do it.

I would recommend Climate Control (see the description in BeerCav's post above). It should do exactly what you are looking for. Just set the biome weights for the unwanted biomes really low (ex 1), and the ones you want really high (ex 10000000).

Reactions: BeerCav

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually select biomes with Superflat, but it's not really obvious on how to do it.

I would recommend Climate Control (see the description in BeerCav's post above). It should do exactly what you are looking for. Just set the biome weights for the unwanted biomes really low (ex 1), and the ones you want really high (ex 10000000).

i'm currently working with Climate Control. It works ok. But doesn't completely get rid of Oceans or Rivers. Plus I'm not sure how it does it to get rid of the other biomes but it cuases more lag then however BlastOff is doing it. From watching the output it looks like stopping the Biome as it it trying to be created. Instead of not having that biome try to generate at all, like when you have a single biome Mystcraft world. If mystcraft can do it then i know it can be down, right?

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
I have been even looking at using an outside generator. I'm surprised there isn't a Biome customizing app or mod. Number of hills, lakes, villages, terrain height, Biomes and ect. (Dreaming)

But back to my current workings.