Help with extra java parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvenkind

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I have a decent machine ( i7 860 12GB RAM AMD5850 ) running windows 7 and my machine lags down pretty bad sometimes. Especially around my base - and I haven't even started building RP2 machines yet! (the fun part) I'm running the newest optifine and in an effort to speed things up I run the entire feed the beast folder from a 2GB RAMDrive but it's still pretty painful sometimes.

I was looking around and came across this page and saw that there were a heap of java commands that were used in the batch file that I have never seen before. I already give minecraft 4GB through the FTB launcher so I skipped that, but when I tried the rest I got an error from java (Could not create Virtual Machine: Fatal Error) can any of you geniuses tell me what the go is here ?

-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:parallelGCThreads=8

Would any of this help if I did get it to work ? I'm at my wits end. It's absurd that I can run almost any game but minecraft.

I use the multicore setting in optifine, is that the same as -XX:parallelGCThreads=8 ?

I'm even considering dual booting to debian in the hopes of getting better FPS there. Watching Dire leap all over the place wearing the thaumcraft goggles (I can loose up to 5FPS there) makes me green with envy. DAMN YOU DIRE !
I just want to say "I like that, I like everything about it" just once.

If anyone can help, that'd be great.

EDIT: haha love the face in the middle.

EDIT: found i error -XX:-UseParallelGC not as above. Source: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html

Status
Not open for further replies.