Help with custom recipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
So last hour i've been struggling with making a modpack(private maybe).
Specifically the recipes I want to edit a lot of basic vanilla stuff and A LOT of the late game stuff.
The mods I tried that add this ability have not provided me with the answer im looking for sadly(or i might be to dumb to do it right :\ ).
Mods already tried: MineTweaker RcipeMaker(makes the file doesn't push the recipe I think) and Personalized Recipes 2.0/2.1 which seems not to be working properly(doesn't save the recipe as well).
Im looking for a simple mod that adds a UI and doesn't do it by code(will go faster imo).
So what might i be doing wrong with MTRM and what other mod is there that might add this ability.
My apology for asking probably such a dumb question i've never done this before.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
you also need the main Minetweaker to add the recipes to the game MTRM only makes it easier to set the recipes up by having a GUI instead of editing JSon/text files

Reactions: Plainy

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
you also need the main Minetweaker to add the recipes to the game MTRM only makes it easier to set the recipes up by having a GUI instead of editing JSon/text files
... re-reading the post about MTRM... it says it right at the top... im a bloody idiot!
Im going to try it now it better work!

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
ARGH! YOU LIED... probably not probably me doing something wrong.
But being serious now, I use the /mtrm command add 1 oak log then change the output to 2 planks.
Then what follows is nothing the recipe stays the same.
What settings should be used for Vanilla wood or anything else really because it doesnt seem to be working now.
And while messing around i got this error:
Code:
ERROR: \scripts\Crafting.zs:28 > A method available but none matches the parameters (any[], minetweaker.item.IItemStack)
The line in the mentioned zs file:
Code:
recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:planks> * 2, [<ore:logWood>]);
Which to me seems reversed(?) as if 2 planks were to output 1 "logWood".
Any advice on this?