Help w/ Pump

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I've been trying to pump out some Sludge, but unfortunately, it seems that I cannot move it w/ a pump.
Here is the setup:
OpeDDAX.png

9CyVfn3.png
Any suggestions?

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
try it with 4 redstone engines... also is sludge registered in the liquid dictionary, the BC pump will only pick up liquids that are registered. also what mods/pack you using?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
not sure, but I don't think that you need a woodeb pipe there, might try it without that.

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Sludge should pump, since as of 1.4.7 it is part of the liquid registry. The pump should also work with or without the wooden pipe.

I think pumps need more oomph in the current version of BC. Try tossing a few more steam engines onto the pump, and see if that kicks it into gear.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
needs a wood water proof pipe with redstone enigine to pull it out of the pump

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need the wooden pipe. Remove that first. Also, 4 redstone engines would be less powerful than what he has going there. Personally for smaller jobs like that I would either use the stirling or clockwork (preferably clockwork) engine.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need the wooden pipe. Remove that first. Also, 4 redstone engines would be less powerful than what he has going there. Personally for smaller jobs like that I would either use the stirling or clockwork (preferably clockwork) engine.
one. he's using cobble pipes
2.) depends on the size, you can set redstone engines and forget them. once warmed up, they generally can keep up. (pumping water for cooling is a different application)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Look again, he has the wooden pipe directly connected to the pump. That can easily cause the issue. And yes, redstone engines would be fine, but for a small pool I personally prefer to get it cleaned up quickly and, depending on the size, it won't take that long with the other options while with a redstone engine it could take pretty long. Of course, the other method is to use redstone engines, but heat them up using a clockwork engine so they get to the red state much quicker.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
If you're sure its not working, I would just spawn in a full Redstone Energy Cell and slap it right onto the pump.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Look again, he has the wooden pipe directly connected to the pump. That can easily cause the issue. And yes, redstone engines would be fine, but for a small pool I personally prefer to get it cleaned up quickly and, depending on the size, it won't take that long with the other options while with a redstone engine it could take pretty long. Of course, the other method is to use redstone engines, but heat them up using a clockwork engine so they get to the red state much quicker.

I did not notice the wooden pipe
I like the clockwork engine to heat up the RSEs idea.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Sludge is using my new liquid block code, which everyone is going to use post 1.6.

Pumps, however, still look for Mojang's original terrible implementation. So they can't do anything with this, sorry.