[Help] SMP Protection Mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so a friend is setting up a public vanilla SMP server and needs some help. He's looking for a few mods to help administration of the server, I told him I'd ask around on the MC forums I visit, so here it is...

What he needs:
1: A way protect areas from non op/admin alterations.
2: A way for Admins to set specific areas as "Creative" so when users enter the area they have the full range of Creative Mode options. Upon Leaving, their inventory is emptied and, ofcourse, they lose their Creative-Mode powers
3: A way to set up "warp" gates(or areas), that when entered will teleport a player to specific points on the map.
4: The usual op/admin commands such as /clearinv, /invisible, etc

Misc:
1: A way for players to set their "home", so if they die and their bed is obstructed they will respawn there. This command should only be accessible once per player, but resetable by an op/admin.

2a: Either a way for players to protect their chests from being opened or destroyed by other players
2b: OR when players set their home a X by Y by Z area is set so only that user(and admins/ops) can alter that location.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
All except 2a and 2b can be to a large degree set by command blocks. ;)

Question 2 offers a philosophical problem though: what should happen if someone builds a railroad from the creative zone to the "normal" server, spawns in creative a chest cart, fills it with spawned goodies, and sends it on the track to smuggle the items in the real world? What about enderchests? Dispensers or water streams carrying items across the boundary?

With Mystcraft + command blocks you can set a dimension to be creative-only. You just have to disable people from creating linking books.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Question 2 offers a philosophical problem though: what should happen if someone builds a railroad from the creative zone to the "normal" server, spawns in creative a chest cart, fills it with spawned goodies, and sends it on the track to smuggle the items in the real world?.

What we are planning is surrounding the creative zone with a "no build" void