Hello.

jdreeve

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I'm an avid Minecraft fan, and an even bigger fan of all the developers that put forth such a massive amount of time and effort. Thank you all for realizing the potential of this game, for adding so much depth and new ways to play, and allowing the rest of us to come along.

I've been playing Minecraft since Alpha 1.2.2, and began playing with mods soon after the beta 1.73 release. On its own, Minecraft is an amazing game, however with the right set of mods installed, it can be taken to an entirely different level. I had eventually tried out nearly all of the mods included in the current iteration of the FTB pack (Thaumcraft being the major exception), some by themselves but often combined with several other mods. After many hours of adding mods (both to the JAR and using modloader), removing mods, deleting config files, changing ID's, re-downloading and re-installing Minecraft countless times, I came upon a set that all worked together. By then Minecraft had been officially released and updated to 1.25.

Then, after the 1.32 update, I heard of something called Feed the Beast while watching the current season of Direwolf20's server play series. It wasn't long before the Beta release of the FTB launcher was out, and needless to say, I am one very happy person.

Again, I'd like to thank not only the mod developers, but everyone who has been and is still involved with FTB and this forum, you are all doing amazing things.

jdreeve