GriefPrevention 7.8 new config - how to add items to config?

privilegue

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I have GP configured on our Monster server and all is working well. But how do I add new containers to it's internal protection list? They somehow switched to a regexp system that doesnt work for things like AE etc? Does anyone have any clue on how to work with the new config of GP?

So in config.yml I have tried adding: |\sterminal\s etc just to see if the regexp part would work but I could not get this to work at all....

It talks about it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugin...7-8-and-later-grief-prevention-configuration/

but is not clear on how to proceed at all...

And also inside world.yml there seems to be some IDs but they are all written in weird ways? e.g.:
' - X3461:*:block door Alloy '
this ID makes no sense at all? What is that X for? How can I efficiently add, say the terminals of AE etc? I do understand the ID itself and then META etc fine, but what is the name for and why does it have an X in front? In game this ID mentioned above is called = tile.blockDoorAlloy.name

Suggestion(in hopes the mod creator or someone close reads this...)
I sooo miss the old system where all you had to do was add ItemIDs with their metadata to a list and done. Or even better, since I am using MySQL connection add a new table say with

id (int, 11, autoincrement)
itemid (int, 11) -- the items ID
trusttype (varchar, 255) -- the type of trust required {Container,Access,Trash}
and maybe optional another column for WORLDNAME (varchar, 255) - if that is empty / NULL however make it apply to all worlds! This would be awesome and would allow for so much smoother control.

Take a look at the PEX MySQL layout, this is great and quite intelligent. Get rid of this regexp stuff, I have no clue what you are trying to do there?? To me this makes no sense (regex does but what the plugin tries to do doesn't)

I am a developer (C#/C++/Perl/PHP ) myself, however not a JAVA / JS guy.. Heck I'll pay for a JAVA developer to develop me that bukkit plugin.

Oh and does someone have the current official github for gp?

Thanks guys,
I know I rant a lot so sorry if you're offended...

p.s. and please keep suggestions about other plugins to yourself, I am looking for help on the new version of GP nothing else

privilegue

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind guys - I took the old source and changed it so that it is now compatible.

Tested with the following:
- CB 1.6.4 R2.0 & Vault 1.4.1 (standalone)
- FTB Monster 1.1.1

If anyone wants the jar let me know and I can send it to you. All credits go to BigScary (ryanhamshire) for the original development for this plugin

Anything planned for the future? Maybe but I am really just trying to keep it simple. Being a server host myself I just needed a simple working plugin such as original GP. I might add the functionality as described above where the blocked block ids are inside DB rather than config files (if you chose to use jdbc (obviously) if you stayed w flatfile then no need to worry.)

o/