gregtech-nuclear reactor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If you want I can screenshot some of the designs and send them to you in a conversation, just tell me which ones.

Also about the thorium being bugged - tested ingame and indeed it is on 1.4.2 at least, That quad thorium reactor blew up glass fibre cables meaning it's running at least over 512 eu/t, instead of the 192 eu stated on the planner.

That's because the planner is frequently wrong when building thorium or plutonium reactors and you should use an ingame computercube.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Currently running a cheap 64EU/t single-chamber hybrid plutonium/thorium breeder. For the security-minded with java disabled in the browser:

h1Sfr9L.png

4 Component Heat Vents
5 Overclocked Heat Vents
1 Heat Exchanger
1 Component Heat Exchanger
1 Thorium, 1 Quad-Thorium, 1 Plutonium, 2 depleted isotopes

-83 minutes to breed 2 re-enriched
-plutonium spent after 4 cycles (5h55m)
-thoriums last 13h53m

jcpt928

Jul 29, 2019

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Then the Lord said: "Let there be Necro!" And there was Necro. And then he looked upon the Necro and said it was good.

I can't remember the last time I used the GT nuclear reactor stuff. I think it was when he nerfed the use of Thorium and Plutonium when used together.

jcpt928

Jul 29, 2019
Then the Lord said: "Let there be Necro!" And there was Necro. And then he looked upon the Necro and said it was good.

I can't remember the last time I used the GT nuclear reactor stuff. I think it was when he nerfed the use of Thorium and Plutonium when used together.

Yeah. I only used my nuclear reactors for a couple days before I moved on to Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels. I had enough materials to make 12 at the time, and have since built 12 more; which is way more power than the nuclear reactors provide. I have also built 2 of the latest fusion reactors in that time, so, nuclear reactors are pretty pointless for me at this point. (all in survival)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably point out that the reactor planner is a bit out of date. The most important update is that plutonium now only produces 2x as much heat as the equivalent amount of uranium, not 2.25X as much. Also, thorium produces 0.2X as much heat as uranium, not 0.25X as much. This means actual setups are better than what you get with the planner.

Also, if you're going to use condensators, use them in a way that is sensible.