GregTech Has Gone Too far

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
GT is so huge. (Only thing I can say that either side doesn't have an issue with) The side that hates it thinks I mean the amount of code and stuff, the other side thinks I'm complimenting him. Greg would probably positively beam. Pretty safe all round actually.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just started playing a new FTB map on the Mindcrack Pack after we had stopped playing our old map. We have three solar panels and as they are so weak I figured I'd upgrade them to advanced solar panels.

Apparently Greg has got his hands on this, too and made it near impossible until very far into the game. For those who don't know it now requires both iridium and uu matter (from a matter fabricator which itself costs a bunch of iridium and other expensive items).

So, why is this Greg guy so sadistic to us poor FTB players? I actually agree with him in general as I think the Gregtech mod adds a whole other aspect to the modpack, which is why I don't want to uninstall it. And is there a way I can change this one recipe to the default IC2 recipe?

Personally I would start a more up to date pack & start learning the newer items from each of the updated mods, as you said you have played the MC pack so try one a little newer with or with out GT is up to you, this way you will have new items, recipes to learn & new builds to create & it will help stop you from losing interest from doing the same things you have done in your old map, try one of the beta packs maybe or one of the 2 new packs, I will not comment on the solars thats been covered or the GT in general for same reason, just go have fun play your way & let no one tell you "you must do it this way" now go have fun..

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
"Gregtech did X" isn't choosing him as a scapegoat.. google the meaning of the word and try again.
Really? Read through the thread and give me proof that Greg added UU and iridium into the Adv. Solar Panels recipes that's not the OP's post. I'm waiting.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
If the shiz are too hard, stop playing Mindcrack and play something easymode like DW20[DOUBLEPOST=1373999615][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, because making power out of nothing should make at least as much as 8 generators that take fossil fuels to generate energy.
easy tiger. nothing to rage about just yet. I just think solar is stupid. Now I have said an opinion that you don't like. Now you can rage.[DOUBLEPOST=1374007781][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seriously, just because someone doesn't like a certain aspect of a mod, doesn't mean they're "crying" or "whinging" or anything of the sort. That's pretty ridiculous and quite insulting.
And yeah, the solar panel thing is both mega old news and not Greg. Greg has done enough dickish nerfing on his own, no need to blame him for stuff he hasn't done.
I don't remember me blaming greg on this but carry on. Sure its in a blame greg thread. So what...[DOUBLEPOST=1374007987][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seriously, why do people even still bother with solars that aren't the ultra OP ones? An decent sized MFR tree farm chopping 2x2 trees will provide enough wood for hundreds of generators, or (even better) dozens of 36hp boilers which, along with power converters, can create far more eu than you could ever need. Unless you're filling DSUs with iridium for the lulz, this should do fine. Unless you're tight on space, solars just aren't worth the cost.

Not that solars should be a primary power source in ftb anyway.

Lol.
pretty much what I was thinking. *fist pump*

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Read through the thread and give me proof that Greg added UU and iridium into the Adv. Solar Panels recipes that's not the OP's post. I'm waiting.
Right I said he made a mistake why can't u accept that we are human we all make mistakes also every gt thread you allways come in and start a argument over it all

kinda funny as soon as something changes to get harder Greg gets blamed lol

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone get so pissed off about a mod for a video game? Just have fun. Though, this thread is extremely funny.

Alex Cubed

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to chime in with one little addition/correcting to the second post and about the config file. There's two true/false options, one saying easy recipes and one saying hard recipes. However if you set both to false it does medium recipes. I think the easy recipes use no UU, medium uses a little UU, and hard uses a ton of stuff.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
If you think that is something GrapeTech has done, you are deeply mistaken. Gregor is above and beyond reasonable recipes, for instance with Grape Tech you need steel for flint & steel and iron plates for iron pickaxe. Apparently, either he isn't using his own mod or he is addicted to grinding.

If you are looking for a hard mod, look no further than pure Ars Magica, Divine RPG, Tinker's Construct, UE mods are generally quite technical or try to work computer craft without using pre-made scripts.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Now I wonder if people would complain so much about solar panels if Compact Solars was the popular one in FTB, instead of the advanced ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.