Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
So very few people even experienced an issue that everyone and their dog is outraged about. Greg made a bad move, then he fixed it. I do believe we can move on from this now.

Being personally affected by something has nothing to do with whether one is or even should be outraged by it. When I see a story on the news about some little girl I've never met from a family I have no ties to being murdered I'm most certainly going to be outraged by it regardless of whether or not it personally affects me.

Reactions: Blu_Haze and Eyamaz

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I hear you spawnX, and your points are completely valid. I too have used gregtech since the beginning as i'm sure others in this thread have. I don't personally hate greg at all, but I do hate what he did and how he handled the situation that he was put into. While you may enjo "Sitting back and enjoying the flame war." I can't really do that. I need to get my opinions heard and if that means I have to raise my voice a little to do so, then I'll be damned if I won't. I would also like to point out that by un nerfing the nerf that Greg made he did nothing wrong. He did no more than what Greg does.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
He did no more than what Greg does.
Except that when greg does it, it is not forced, like mDiyo did (not leaving the choice to the user to wether use the nerf or not), and that angered Greg.
I bet that greg reacted like that because of the previous issue with TC, as talking didn't solve much things. (Not that he is right in doing so, just exposing an opinion.)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
SpwnX first off hi, the main problem that most of us FTB whiners as you labeled us in general (yes been lurking ic2 for 2 days now), is that greg has left a thinly veiled threat in place & as we have seen is more than willing to use it any time he deems fit. we know from his own words that he cares about only his core player base only, & not mod packs.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Except that when greg does it, it is not forced

Except when he does force it, of course, I'm not seeing an option anywhere in my 3.08 config to disable the nerf to tin and bronze buckets, and in the version when he did add an option to do so he decided to be a condescending ass about it instead. Please, tell me how it's different for Greg to remove recipes from other mods for the sake of balance in the name of his own mod than it is for mDiyo to remove a recipe from Greg's mod for the sake of balance in the name of his own.

Reactions: jokermatt999

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Except when he does force it, of course, I'm not seeing an option anywhere in my 3.08 config to disable the nerf to tin and bronze buckets, and in the version when he did add an option to do so he decided to be a condescending ass about it instead. Please, tell me how it's different for Greg to remove recipes from other mods for the sake of balance in the name of his own mod than it is for mDiyo to remove a recipe from Greg's mod for the sake of balance in the name of his own.

This has been said thousand times on the thread, only exploit fixes are not configurable, like tin buckets (tin -> iron) and bronze (hand crafting) [amount 3+1 = 4 can be achieved using forestry/GT configs together]
I really rather not have tin buckets, than not being able to recycle buckets at all (as you find some of them in dungeons).

Reactions: Hoho

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
This has been said thousand times on the thread, only exploit fixes are not configurable, like tin buckets (tin -> iron) and bronze (hand crafting) [amount 3+1 = 4 can be achieved using forestry/GT configs together]

Whether or not they're "exploits" is irrelevant, he forces the change regardless, which makes it no difference from what mDiyo did, both of them forced changes for the sake of balance with regards to their own mod, the only difference is one of them through a hissy fit when he got a taste of his own medicine.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point, and maybe it's because I wouldn't normally use such a silly nerf, but I don't really see changing something back to default as a problem. It was like that with vinilla minecraft, so it's not really like you're worse off. As for the exploits, I completely agree with greg on this one. If something like that is exploitable, then he had every right to fix it.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point, and maybe it's because I wouldn't normally use such a silly nerf, but I don't really see changing something back to default as a problem. It was like that with vinilla minecraft, so it's not really like you're worse off. As for the exploits, I completely agree with greg on this one. If something like that is exploitable, then he had every right to fix it.

It would bug me, a hardcore gregtech fan, which would instead prefer playing with the nerf.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
If something like that is exploitable, then he had every right to fix it.

Exactly, Greg has every right to make whatever changes he wants, I may disagree with those changes, but I won't say he has no right to make them, but by the same merit I extend the same to mDiyo, if Greg is allowed to change anything he wants about other mods and even vanilla Minecraft then other modders are allowed to do exactly the same thing to Greg in return.

It would bug me, a hardcore gregtech fan, which would instead prefer playing with the nerf.

Then, to paraphrase the favourite argument of the Gregites, don't use Tinkers Construct.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
None. List mods that intentionally tries to break another mod's sole purpose? clue: Starts with a T and ends to a T. Has 2 words.

Your claim that adding a recipe through the normal forge recipe handler is breaking a mod is hereby rejected without appeal.

My intention is not to say that GT didn't do stupid things. My intention is to make it aware that Mdiyo did stupid things which GT overreacted to. And now, scared of other people trying to hack his mod he left a trigger that will cause an exception if anything else tries to hack it again.

Furthermore, your claim that adding a recipe through the normal forge recipe handler is "hacking" is also rejected without appeal.

brainbaobao

Jul 29, 2019
This will probably get lost in all the replies, but I feel like I might as well post an opinion as a server owner. These are simply just my opinions, and are free for debate.

As we all know, gregtech changes many recipes and disables a few lower tier machines and replaces them with higher tier machines. The goal of these alterations is to make the game harder and more interesting, and gregtech did just that before the last update. But recently, GregoriusT has started to make out-of-place alterations, such as the wood and stone tools nerf, and the wood planks nerf. This causes many problems for newer players as complaints and frustration sets in. Yes, you are able to change it in the config, but to be honest, the configs are terribly organized and strangely named, seemingly to make it harder for players to change the config to their liking. Supporters of greg have constantly said that the configs are easy to understand and read, but it just shows that they have never done so themselves. I agree that mDiyo should have added a config for the de-nerf, but given that greg nerfs some things without an option in the config, there really isn't a logical argument against mDiyo for that.

Now onto the force-crashing of clients.
Although seemingly fixed, this is utterly and totally ridiculous. As many have said before me, GregoriusT seems to be putting his mod of a mod higher than the others, which I absolutely agree that he is doing so. Some are saying(I'd rather not mention names) that it was just a mistake that greg made(along with countless others), and that it shouldn't be a big deal. How do they think this out? "I don't like this, therefore I am going to stop everyone from using it", this is greg's approach to this.

Another thing I would like to add is the reply that greg gave to mDiyo. I would assume most have read it, but for anyone who hasn't, it is overflowing with arrogance, ignorance, impoliteness, and indifference. This is the thing that really tipped me off the edge. mDiyo presented a courteous offer for a cease-fire, and even offered to back down(even though mDiyo had done nothing wrong), greg bluntly and rudely refused the proposal.

Long post XD, but again, these are my opinions, and are open to debate.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Then, to paraphrase the favourite argument of the Gregites, don't use Tinkers Construct.
I don't have a reason to drop TC.
I like both, i can use both, while keeping what i like most from them (GT hardcore tech and TC modular tools), i won't change my mods just because of a pointless drama, which is already "fixed" by the way.

@above : mDiyo went a bit back on his word and re-added the anti-wood nerf code, although it is configurable now, while it is pointless and redundant, given GT config for that sake.

Anikdote

Jul 29, 2019
Except that when greg does it, it is not forced
So who cares that it affected unsuspecting non-FTB users, it wasn't "forced" so it's "okie-dokie".... This opinion regardless of the user is ridiculous, it's like saying the bastards who install browser search bars on my grandma's computer aren't complicit.

IMHO just another Gregling justifying unjustifiable behavior.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a reason to drop TC.
I like both, i can use both, while keeping what i like most from them (GT hardcore tech and TC modular tools), i won't change my mods just because of a pointless drama, which is already "fixed" by the way.

@above : mDiyo went a bit back on his word and re-added the anti-wood nerf code, although it is configurable now, while it is pointless and redundant, given GT config for that sake.

So when Greg makes irreversible changes, it's okay, when Greg makes changes that can be reverted through the config it's okay, when mDiyo does the former it's not okay because he didn't include a way to disable the reversion, and then when mDiyo adds that config option it's still not okay.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
So when Greg makes irreversible changes, it's okay, when Greg makes changes that can be reverted through the config it's okay, when mDiyo does the former it's not okay because he didn't include a way to disable the reversion, and then when mDiyo adds that config option it's still not okay.

I just said it is pointless and redundant, nothing else.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

<sarcasm>
Yes, because GregTech never breaks configs!
</sarcasm>

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I just said it is pointless and redundant, nothing else.

Pointless is how I would describe Greg's wood nerf in the first place, unless you include forcing the player to muck about with Greg's sawmill a point, what mDiyo did I would describe as convenient as it means one less thing I have to worry about trying to find in the disorganised mess that Greg calls a config.

Reactions: Daemonblue
Status
Not open for further replies.