Good Uses for EU

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya,

I set up my base using MJ (BuildCraft power), and have an intricate ore-processing system that uses ThermalExpansion's machines.

That being said, my friend went and made lots of Advanced Solar Panels and we now have excess EU that we aren't sure what we should use it on. Sure, probably something GregTech related, but does anyone use IndustrialCraft's power for something big and productive that's not ore processing?

Just looking for what you do with your EU. ^_^

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
UU matter to make almost any vanilla block, and a lot of industrial craft items
it requires 1 million EU for 1 uu matter, but that's reduced with scraps from recyclers

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Fabricator (GregTech mass fabricator) you need 100 million to make 1 uu-matter (100 times higher than mass fab)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
16.67 million EU actually, not 100 million. The usage is 100 times that of the mass fab with scrap (since the matter fab only works with scrap).

It's also a good idea to always keep a filled MFSU handy, for when you need to charge your power tools or armor (especially with a gravisuit - that thing devours EU when activated).

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I'm aware of Mass Fab // Matter Fab (GregTech counterpart).

Are there any other cool GregTech thing to do, is basically what I want to know.

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a Fusion Reactor, which requires EU (as in tens of millions of it) to ignite and produce MORE energy!

I mean, you're using up your energy to produce more energy. I'm sure it makes sense.

In a more serious vein, you could make some Teslastaffs or ComputerCubes or something. You could also experiment with GregTech's blocks for autocrafting/moving items around, although they're rather pointless with stuff like Buildcraft and Redpower2. But then, you're looking to burn EU, not save it!

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
...you're looking to burn EU, not save it!

Exactly. ^_^
Some solid suggestions, thanks!
I feel like a lot of people are fuzzy about EXACTLY how GregTech works. There are lots of complicated, dynamic mechanics of it and it gets a tiny bit confusing, so yeah. I suppose I'm trying to see how far its machines can take me.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a Fusion Reactor, which requires EU (as in tens of millions of it) to ignite and produce MORE energy!

I mean, you're using up your energy to produce more energy. I'm sure it makes sense.

In a more serious vein, you could make some Teslastaffs or ComputerCubes or something. You could also experiment with GregTech's blocks for autocrafting/moving items around, although they're rather pointless with stuff like Buildcraft and Redpower2. But then, you're looking to burn EU, not save it!

I like the new Advanced Regulator (from GregTech).. it's pretty good for IC2 reactor..although maybe you can do it with RP2/BC..

Btw the Industrial Grinder and Industrial Blast Furnace will consume a hell amount of EU if you don't have advanced solar panels..

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
I like the new Advanced Regulator (from GregTech).. it's pretty good for IC2 reactor..although maybe you can do it with RP2/BC..

Btw the Industrial Grinder and Industrial Blast Furnace will consume a hell amount of EU if you don't have advanced solar panels..

I'm not trying to bash GregTech's stuff too much, it works really nicely. I just don't really see the point of spending EU on operations you could execute for free--unless, of course, your goal is to burn EU you don't know what to do with. Enter GregTech's item-handling machines!

Lazerus Artificial

Jul 29, 2019
same problem, no idea what to do with my energy xD
i have only 160 watermills on my system, but i have 6 full MFSU and my Advaned Mashines are always runnig.
hope there will be something at the end where you can spend the energy on, so far i only know matterfab, teleport and terraformer

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
This whole "I have too much EU and nothing to do with it" phenomenon is pretty much directly a result of renewable energy and/or nether lava farms...

Personally, I like to challenge myself, so I set myself the following goal: never, ever craft any solar panel (that includes RP2 ones), water mill or wind mill. I also nerfed the geothermal generator from 20 EU/t to 15 EU/t in my IC2 config.

If you always end up having too much EU, I can heartily recommend challenging yourself to play this way. If you end up hating it, you can still go and plop down your solar farms then ;)