Gold?

TheTrexable

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i started a new world today and started to mine with Turtles and for some reason i cant find any gold. The levels i am mining on are 10-11 and below?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
From my recollection gold spawns at that point and higher. I don't know... Try mining higher and also using the tunnels your computers dug for you to do a little strip mining (manually) or have an army of turtles do it for you...

Reactions: NosePicker5555

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I found out using too many turtles can overload sorting systems.

I need DW20 to add Applied Energistics to his modpack, because RP2 + BC can't keep up with 10 turtles doing 8x8 for a combined 80x80 area in 30 minutes.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
AE is easy to add yourself, it should already be in the configs (using 5.2) you just need to go download it and add it in. although theres no quartz in preloaded chunks which makes mining it harder, but mystcraft solves that too :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I found out using too many turtles can overload sorting systems.

I need DW20 to add Applied Energistics to his modpack, because RP2 + BC can't keep up with 10 turtles doing 8x8 for a combined 80x80 area in 30 minutes.

You need to find your systems pinch points. The places where it usually clogs up. Thin double over the part of the network that hangs up. Like using multiple sorting machines to pull from an enderchest. And never use BC for sorting. They over load quickly. They are best used for prosecuting the items, passing items from grinders, furnaces, and the like, or not at all.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I know i can fix it by adding more input chests, it's just that it would mean creating lots of enderchests, getting different dyes, etc... The real problem is when the turtles "Sync", and the input chest gets filled faster than the sorting can happen. Multiple input chests would mean more inventory slots for input, and that would solve the issue. I'm just going to wait for AE to be added properly so i can create a new world and do a PROPER sorting system when the time comes. But, daaaaaaaamn, those turtles work fast.

My plan is, get a Blaze Rod farm going, feed them each a stack of Blaze Rods, and get them to mine a 16x16 instead of 8x8, so i can get a 160x160 area at once. That's 10 chunks. Per mining operation. I figure if i do this 2 or 3 times i should be set for life. AE is needed at this point because the only other option would be several upgraded Barrels for each item type. I also plan on doing this in a Dense Ores age. Possibly multiple Dense Ores at the same time, too. Strip mine the area around spawn, get an insane amount of resources, never have to do any mining again for the foreseeable future. After that i'd just get patterns for every thing i could ever want to build, and take on the ultimate challenge that i never had the guts of doing before.

getting all the beez.

heggico

Jul 29, 2019
My redpower sorting system uses only 2 input enderchest, with 3 filters on each. It keeps up with my 300 blocks/s frame tunnelbore + 4 64X64 quarry's. So redpower is not fast enough?
Anyway, I also have a gold shortage. But I just made an zombie pigman spawner to get gold nuggets. Not the fastest, but hey, it works :)

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
Gold is always in short supply for me, it's pretty much the only thing I use rich slag on to get 3 ingots instead of 2.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
If you have EE3, use the OPium Stone. If not, use TC3 to get gold.

Wait I didnt know EE3 added Opium wouldn't have thought Pahimar was into opioids. :p

As for using AE to handle it the one thing to remember is a 64k storage drive can only hold as many items as a barrel just more than one type, so it is always a good idea to still void your cobble just to make sure you don't overflow on it when I didn't void it I ended up with over 170000 cobblestone and that was while running an overclocked recycler that got me 750000 scrap.