Getting Chest Inventory - FTB Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

elfin8er

Jul 29, 2019
Hello one and all!

I'm trying to create a high-tech storage system in FTB. I need to be able to check the exact amount of items that are in a chest, and send the result to computercraft. Is there any way to do that? I know there's a way to do it with OpenCCSensors, but OpenCCSensors doesn't seem to be installed in FTB Unleashed. Also, the more compact I can make this, the better!

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
OpenPeripheral is in there. Should be able to tell a computer to wrap the chest as a peripheral, then use the functions that gives you to query what's in there.

Running by memory and a minimal amount of experience with OP, an example would be something like:

Code:
chest = peripheral.wrap("right")

for i=1,27 do
  local slot = chest.getStackInSlot(i)
  print(slot.name.." is in slot "..i)
end

You can run the below if you simply want a list of the functions the peripheral has:

Code:

for item,content in pairs(chest) do
  print(item)
end

elfin8er

Jul 29, 2019
OpenPeripheral is in there. Should be able to tell a computer to wrap the chest as a peripheral, then use the functions that gives you to query what's in there.

Running by memory and a minimal amount of experience with OP, an example would be something like:

Code:

for i=1,27 do
  local slot = chest.getStackInSlot(i)
  print(slot.name.." is in slot "..i)
end

You can run the below if you simply want a list of the functions the peripheral has:

Code:

for item,content in pairs(chest) do
  print(item)
end
Ahh, thanks. I was thinking of the old OpenCCSensors that had it's own peripheral that would interact with inventories. I think this is exactly what I need though. Do you know of anywhere that I can get documentation for this?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Here, but the function names have been changing recently. Those listed there may not mesh with those actually available to you. Use the code I mentioned above to get an actual list of the functions a peripheral has.