FTB Unleashed

AtomMagik

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'll try to get right to the point. I have the newest Unleashed (v1.0.3) and I have been playing for some time now and noticed that tinkers construct is installed and I can make all of the items from it. I'm not require to make the tools or anything in that manner. Is there a way to turn this on so it's a little harder while I play? Thanks for any help.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Could you explain the question? It's not clear what exactly it is you're asking for. You want to turn what on? Tinkers Construct is on by default. What are you trying to make harder?

AtomMagik

Jul 29, 2019
Could you explain the question? It's not clear what exactly it is you're asking for. You want to turn what on? Tinkers Construct is on by default. What are you trying to make harder?

Unless I was wrong (and I might of been) I thought tinkers construct made it harder to make items. That you had to make a cast to make any of the ingots. The same goes for any of the tools and so on.

Do you only have to melt them down if you want them to be stronger? Sorry new to this mod, just thought it was the same as GregTech (trying to make it harder) but not changing the other mods recipes.

extrastanding

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite sure what you are asking. In Tinker's Construct, creating metal tools require melting and casting metals. They can be repaired with just regular ingots, however. And you can still make most ingots with just a furnace.

Do you mean you want to disable vanilla tools? You can do that in the Tinker's Construct config, but vanilla tools are used in some crafting recipes like quarries and the ender-thermal pump.

AtomMagik

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I was wrong. I thought it replaced the old way to make the tools. That way it took you a while before you could make anything worth the time. Like in Magic Farm. Or GregTech.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Still takes a good amount of time to make a smeltery in order to make anything that isn't made of flimsy materials. If you want a game that takes longer, that's what the Unhinged pack is for.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I was wrong. I thought it replaced the old way to make the tools. That way it took you a while before you could make anything worth the time. Like in Magic Farm. Or GregTech.

It does not replace the old system of making tools, it just provides a new way to make tools. You can still use the old vanilla crafting recipes to make vanilla tools, or you can do it the TC way and make TC tools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
The book you start with could, admittedly, do a better job explaining exactly what it was for. It took me a few minutes to puzzle out exactly what the deal was.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to replace the vanilla way to make tools, you can take a look at the concept introduced by GregTech. You can install GT in unleashed and enable the easy mode and it won't make an impact on most things, but you enable this area. I thought it was really, really fun to mess around.

Or you can also change the config in Tinkerer's Construct:

"difficulty changes" {
B:"Remove Vanilla Tool Recipes"=true
}

=]

AtomMagik

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I just thought it removed the vanilla recipes and made everything use it.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Change the config as I told you and you'll have your desired behavior, of making the game harder by removing the vanilla tools and replacing them with TC tools