FTB Ultimate

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone tell what the main differences are from mind crack to ftb ultimate. don't want to compare every single mob, someone might can tell me quick :), and if (if those are good changes, personal opinion maybe) i can change my server from mindcrack to ftb ultimate easy , like some already did.

cheers Jet

Reactions: EZ2Remember

EZ2Remember

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also thinking of changing my server from Mindcrack to Ultimate without starting a new world.

bigdudeandy

Jul 29, 2019
i changed my mindcrack server to ultimate with no problem for me i like it the gregtec is even harder but it includes ee3 and others so i think it is quite balenced

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
there are a few new mods: Bibliocraft, Applied Energistics, Flat Bedrock, EE3, Immibis, MineFactory, Modular PowerSuits, Power Converters, Thaumic Bees, TubeStuff, Xeno's Reliquary

Regarding to the differences between world gen, Flat Bedrock will only be noticeable in new loaded world. Also Applied Energistics requires Quartz Ore which again will only be generated in new world so if you have a server with every chunk visited then you may have to travel beyond what has been loaded to find them.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
more mods with new new world gen? this so annoying to always travel ages to get the latest worldgen since every mod they put new in haas a new world gen

edit: P.S.: are the mods also fair? ist it harder or easier? watched a few spotlights and they seem to be a bit unfair sometime :/

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
more mods with new new world gen? this so annoying to always travel ages to get the latest worldgen since every mod they put new in haas a new world gen

edit: P.S.: are the mods also fair? ist it harder or easier? watched a few spotlights and they seem to be a bit unfair sometime :/
Although the modpacks are made (IIRC) to be interchangeable, I don't think they're not going to add in mods because it has world gen. ;)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

From my perspective, Equivilent exchange isn't fair, it seems to be made with vanilla in mind, not automatic quarries and mob grinders in mind. But everything else seems to be fair, like applied energistics for example, it creates some hugely convenient crafting systems and storage options, but. You have to constantly supply it with energy, so if for some reason your power system runs dry (like if you miscalculated with your solars) suddenly you can't access ANYTHING.

Yes End game that won't be a problem, but to be honest, when you get end game, what is?

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
true, the applied energetics looked good, probably gonna change though the ultimate since it seems to have a few cool mods,

ee3 isnt fair i think, but also xenos pack has a few things that arent really fair.
did not looked at mindfactory too much yet need to check that out still

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the biomes in EBXL are also turned off, such as the glacier and several of the tall tree biomes.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the biomes in EBXL are also turned off, such as the glacier and several of the tall tree biomes.
what happens to them when i put my world from mindcrack to ultimate? will they dissappear o_O?
why are they turned off for the first place

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It's mostly redundant biomes that either overlap with each other or with vanilla biomes. If you turn them off any newly generated chunks won't use those biomes but this can cause some weird looking boundaries with the world gen. The only unique biomes that were removed iirc are glacier and marshland.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
i changed my mindcrack server to ultimate with no problem for me i like it the gregtec is even harder but it includes ee3 and others so i think it is quite balenced
tried to change my pack too but got an error

Attachments

• crash-2013-03-17_17.04.49-client.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 35
  • crash-2013-03-17_17.04.51-client.txt
    18 KB · Views: 48