FTB Ultimate - Question on server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hollywookilla44

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys/gals, I have a quick question. My server computer blew up (seriously blew the motherboard apart) and now I have to resort to my old laptop. I was just wondering if these specs will be good enough for 1-3 people.

Dell Inspiron B130 - 1.73ghz thinking its single core not to sure. Has 2gb of ram installed.

Let me know what you think.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys/gals, I have a quick question. My server computer blew up (seriously blew the motherboard apart) and now I have to resort to my old laptop. I was just wondering if these specs will be good enough for 1-3 people.

Dell Inspiron B130 - 1.73ghz thinking its single core not to sure. Has 2gb of ram installed.

Let me know what you think.
Given my experience with my Ultimate server, I find it unlikely.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I say go for it! And if they complain tell them to check their internet connection, cables, defrag their hard drive and make sure their drivers are all up to date.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I find that it's less to do with the amount of RAM one has, and more to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of graphics card.

hollywookilla44

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I am asking for server wise. Again I had a Tekkit server on it with 3 players with no lag. Oh well I gonna try, I believe in miracles.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
You may run into memory issues with Ultimate. You may want to try FTBLight (or whatever the light weight version of the server is). Ultimate on my server sits at roughly 1.5GB after a restart, and hovers around 2.5 most of the time. My concern is XP is going to suck down a large chunk of memory right off the bat. Either way good luck.