FTB Monster: No Iridium Nether Ore? How to disable RotaryCraft sounds?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nachtrauch

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm the new guy.

I've got two questions/Problems:

I am playing the FTB Monster modpack. Until now i digged down from the upper top bedrock down to the lower bedrock with 4 QuarryPlus, each about 150x150 blocks and wasn't able to get my hands on one single block of Iridium, how is that possible?

Is there a way to switch off the RotaryCraft machine sounds? They really make my ears bleed...

Since i have NO clue about modding or scripting, please explain, like you would explain to a 5yr old.

Thanks in advance.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You have GT installed? If not, you aren't likely to find any Nether Iridium. Plus it's the rarest of the Nether Ores.
Also there is no config for RoC sounds.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium is dungeon loot unless you have GregTech installed. You'll need to point those quarries at some dungeons ;)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
config\reika\rotarycraft.cfg

B:"Engine Running Sounds"=false

There's also this but not sure what it does or if it's related to noise volume or volume of materials:

D:"Machine Volume Multiplier"=1.0

Reactions: Staxed

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
config\reika\rotarycraft.cfg

B:"Engine Running Sounds"=false

There's also this but not sure what it does or if it's related to noise volume or volume of materials:

D:"Machine Volume Multiplier"=1.0
...Well shit. Better change my tune on this.

DanteDarkstar

Jul 29, 2019
If you have RotaryCraft, you get Iridium out of Silver in Extractor (statistically it's 1 iridium ingot per 150 silver ingots, which means about 30 ores with extractor quintupling). So far in my game, I got several iridium ingots that way.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
You have GT installed? If not, you aren't likely to find any Nether Iridium. Plus it's the rarest of the Nether Ores.
Also there is no config for RoC sounds.
I really hate how people keep perpetuating this myth. I see a dozen people a day who come whining that my machines are too loud - often removing RC from servers - because they do not realize there are FIVE ways to reduce machine volume, four of which are discussed in this thread.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
...Well shit. Better change my tune on this.
I really hate how people keep perpetuating this myth. I see a dozen people a day who come whining that my machines are too loud - often removing RC from servers - because they do not realize there are FIVE ways to reduce machine volume, four of which are discussed in this thread.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, IC2 exp doesn't spawn iridium in the world. I may be wrong, but the only iridium I ever found was in a dungeon chest. You have to setup UU matter production and use that one piece for a UU pattern so you can make more.

As for Rotarycraft sounds, the config allows you to turn them down or off completely. You can also cover them in wool like the video above shows. Extra utilities sound mufflers also work, but I am not a huge fan of them since they mute all sounds. No player or mob sounds mean mobs can sneak up on you.[DOUBLEPOST=1396386891][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just out of curiosity, what is the 5th way? I know of the 2 configs, wool, and sound mufflers.