FTB Monster EXTREAMLY hard?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

I am about to setup a FTB Monster server via an Host.
I need help and tips on how i can modify the pack and the mods to make it as hard and difficult as possible.

What do i need to configure to make it very hard. Fast starvation, hard monsters, maybe harder receipts... etc.

Any ideas?

Question 2
Is there an easy how-to guide to make Gregtech work for Monster?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
You can set the difficulty to hard, and to add gregtech you would add it just like any other mod to the server however all players will have to add the same version to their clients as well, then you can set greg tech recipes to extreme.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Okey. But how is it with Gregtech, if i would install it and give all on the server the mod... Will it conflict with stuff. What i have heard it changes receipt and stuff that can make things in other mods to break.... I really want to make the server SUPER EXTREME HARDCORE HARD so that advancing takes lots of effort, surviving is a pain.

And what happens if i would install extra mods outside of the Monster pack and then the Monsterpack get an update, do i need to redo all the config and installations for the extra mods or is it still easy to move to newer versions?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Okey. But how is it with Gregtech, if i would install it and give all on the server the mod... Will it conflict with stuff. What i have heard it changes receipt and stuff that can make things in other mods to break.... I really want to make the server SUPER EXTREME HARDCORE HARD so that advancing takes lots of effort, surviving is a pain.

And what happens if i would install extra mods outside of the Monster pack and then the Monsterpack get an update, do i need to redo all the config and installations for the extra mods or is it still easy to move to newer versions?
1.Most likely you may have some id conflicts which all clients will need to change too.

2.Yup. You will have to redo everything.[DOUBLEPOST=1401129769][/DOUBLEPOST]I is usually best to stick to what the modpack offers, if you make a super hard modpack by adding more and more hard mods you should really just make your own modpack.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
I have enabled the lycanites mod and special mobs mod. But i have noticed and other on the server claim that normal mobs are really rare.

I wanted those extra mobs to ad on already excising mobs, not replace.

I have looked in the config files but can not understand what is wrong?

Lycanite

Jul 29, 2019
I have enabled the lycanites mod and special mobs mod. But i have noticed and other on the server claim that normal mobs are really rare.

I wanted those extra mobs to ad on already excising mobs, not replace.

I have looked in the config files but can not understand what is wrong?
I'm not sure which version of Lycanites Mobs is included in FTB Monster at the moment, but there should be a config option in config/LycanitesMobs/LycanitesMobs.cfg called somethinglike "Global Spawn Weight Scale", setting this to 0.5 should half the weight of every mob from Lycanites Mobs and thus double the odds of vanilla mobs and mobs from other mods spawning instead.
If the setting isn't there then an older version is being used, you can try updating it to the latest for 1.6.4, by default things are more balanced with vanilla in the latest version. Als if you want things hard, Lycanites Mobs on Hard difficulty makes them mobs very tough, it doesn't just increase their damage, but their movement speeds, attack speeds, defense, effect durations and more!

Edit: Also some vanilla spawns are remvoed, for instance Zombies are removed from the Desert biomes in place of the Crypt Zombie, this can be disabled in each config file for example in DesertMobs.cfg set "Control Vanilla Mobs" to false and all vanilla mobs should then spawn as normal where the desert mobs spawn.