FTB Lite 3 server incompatible

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Title FTB Lite 3 server incompatible

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Lite 3 (Server)

Modpack version v.1.5.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/128405a4

Details of the issue I downloaded latest FTB Lite 3, and latest server pack (directly from java launcher), setup everything, yet me or anyone else is unable to connect; and we get the "A Fatal Error has occurred, this connection is terminated" note. This happens regardless if I connect to server via IP, "localhost" or external IP address (I host it on my main PC).

Judging by people reporting similar problem, it seems to be some mod incompatibility; but I am not smart enough to figure it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
I would double check that the configs for both client and server match. It may not be the problem in this case, but it is worth a shot.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
This is the problem that happens both on default server settings, as well as when I modify the "server.properties"... It all smacks of some mod version oversight.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Did you check that client and server configs match?

Well let's put it like this: We (me and about 4 friends) all have different PCs, and we downloaded the "vanilla" FTB Lite 3 (like, the unchanged modpack), and I even tried it on three different PCs. All got same error when connecting, and I only used the FTB Lite pack that is directly downloaded from launcher, as well as the unchanged server. So I suspect it's some bug with official server files/mods, but I cannot understand the java log file xD

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Could you copy the client configs onto the server, see if it then allows you to connect

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
"Could you copy the client configs onto the server" what exactly do you mean by "client configs"? which files? Just note me which files to copy over and I'll do it. But it still stands there is a bug with currently available server archive.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
The entire /config folder. What I'm trying to do right now is establish what the actual problem is. Once we know then we can go about trying to get it fixed.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Just did that, same problem... After that redownloaded everything and checked checksums with Total Commander, they match...

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Mind you, this does not happen in single player mode; FTB Lite 3 works perfectly... Only when I try to connect to server that I downloaded directly from client, without modifying; regardless if its through "localhost", local IP or external IP.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Is it only me having this problem? No one else? Or FTB Lite 3 is least favorite? :D

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
It's an old pack, I think if there were an actual problem with any of the files it would have been picked up as an issue months ago.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
It's an old pack, I think if there were an actual problem with any of the files it would have been picked up as an issue months ago.

Well I keep finding forum posts of people reporting this problem from year ago, yet no solution... Quite sure its a bug within the pack itself, that is within the server files.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I just downloaded the server zip-file from FTB launcher, edited eula and started the server.

I was able to connect from my client using "localhost"

Did you do any other changes when setting up your server?

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Even when I just modify the EULA file, it still fails for me and everyone else. System should be ok, if there is no some hidden bug that gets on top in Windows 10 or my specific hardware?

Nwmind this for now, I just got notice for a 7 month project this morning, so no FTB for me in next half of year :(
If I get this bug again on new hardware, I will post it here... cya guys in October :D

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
And you didn't add an ip-address in server.properties? - if you did, remove that

Well when you come back and if you still have an issue, post logs and config files, and use a paste-site (paste.feed-the-beast.com)