FTB Lite 3 {ALPHA} Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
I don't think these spawn in survival anymore they used to spawn in dungeons but @Jadedcat will know more as for quick teleportation I would suggest adding warp book (if it updated) as it would fit into the lite feel a little better seeing as you can't create dimensions that would be overly laggy on low end computer/servers which was what lite was intended to help in the first place

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

To be honest, I had only few complains regarding FTBLite2, first was regarding massive liquid storage systems and its been fixed with new Bedrock drums with ~64k! buckets capacity with is 3x more than biggest Steel tank in other packs and with no lag whatsoever, second was in regards of Ender Quarry not being able to have Silk touch (which is really overcomesatory fixed in FTBL3 with lots of improvements and I really like that) and last one was regarding fast travel system as sometimes my Quarry was ~2k bloks away from my processing base, and even tho Gliders and Jetpacks helped a lot regarding these distances, I never ventured any further since it becomes annoying to travel this much using these primitive tools xDDD

Agriculture mod was also really fun for me since I could play with my friends while we are over Skype and act as Gordon Ramsay calling everyone wanker and hitting them if they overcook my diced potatoes xD
I miss that one only for it being fun to roleplay, too bad there is no 1.7.x update for it... maybe in final version it will be done :D

Reactions: pc_assassin

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Warp Book is available for 1.7.10:
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/warp-book

It still has a few bugs to squash (it hangs after warping between dimensions), but I guess all 1.7.10 mods have some issues.

This mod seems to have no impact on tick rate at all and would make a nice addition to the pack. And with fuel enabled, it hardly seems overpowered at all.

KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: d3w10n

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Warp Book is available for 1.7.10:
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/warp-book

It still has a few bugs to squash (it hangs after warping between dimensions), but I guess all 1.7.10 mods have some issues.

This mod seems to have no impact on tick rate at all and would make a nice addition to the pack. And with fuel enabled, it hardly seems overpowered at all.

KeepOnDigging!

It looks nice, never used it before... Tho a bit overpowered since it just needs to be crafted from simple items; I don't get your "with fuel enabled, it hardly seems overpowered" comment, but I guess it can be powered by some fuel or RedFlux...

I just hope Jadecat is not annoyed with our suggestions since this is "Bug Reports" page but I cannot really find "feature suggestion" page here... and its still Alpha :D

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get your "with fuel enabled, it hardly seems overpowered" comment...

I just hope Jadecat is not annoyed with our suggestions...

WarpBook has an option in its config to enable "fuel". With fuel enabled, you need to insert ender pearls into the book and every time you teleport it uses one pearl.

I'm sure if JadedCat is annoyed we will hear all about it :)

KeepOnDigging!

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
WarpBook has an option in its config to enable "fuel". With fuel enabled, you need to insert ender pearls into the book and every time you teleport it uses one pearl.

I'm sure if JadedCat is annoyed we will hear all about it :)

KeepOnDigging!

But pearls are really valuable :(
I remember busting a nut on FTBL2 to get a proper Ender pearl farm, and it still drained essence and power like no ones business... In FTBLite2 pack Emeralds, Ender pearls and essence were most valuable resources, gold, diamonds and other are easier to find... Considering new awesome improvements to Ender Quarry, Emeralds and ores will be lesser problem this time, so Ender pearls and Essence are the most valuable lategame resources in FTBL3 so far... tho I am still just screwing around in creative, and that mana liquid is really confusing me a lot... but I guess WarpBook would be better than nothing since this modpack now only needs a good teleportation solution to be very well rounded with solutions in all fields. Actually in that case I would only use books for really long distance transport so I guess its not that bad.