FTB Infinity 1.4.1 Setup cauldron tutorial

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
NEW AND UPDATED TUTORIAL FOR FTB INFINITY 2.2.2: ( Forum Link )

Before we start we need to download a few thing's :)

First download this Cauldron: ( Download )

After that you'll need FTB infinity 1.4.1, Download here: ( Download )

You take the Cauldron 1.7.10.zip and extract it in a folder where you want the server to be...
Extract the FTB infinity 1.4.1 server in the same folder as the Cauldron and edit the ServerStart.bat/.sh to ( Cauldron - forge.jar.

When that is done if you try to start the server it'll just crash, we need to do a few things before starting the server!
Delete in mods folder ( fastcraft-1.21.jar, NotEnoughResources-1.7.10-0.1.0.95.jar and mystcraft-1.7.10-0.11.3.00.jar )
Those mods make's some funny crash reports and i did try to fix just mystcraft but well didnt work, your guys a welcome to try.

Ok now we have deleted the mods and a ready to start, click ( Serverstart.bat ) then let it run.
Let the world be created and wait for it to say Done!

Sorry for bad English and i hope this did help......

EDIT: THIS POST IS FROM "APR 20. 2015" IT*S PRETTY OLD, THIS TUTORIAL MIGHT NOT WORK.

Can't get it to work add me on skype: dkcomchristoffer
remember to put this text in when your adding me ( i'M From FTB Forum ) then i know where your from :)

Last edited:

armandusuis

Jul 29, 2019
dude i friggen love u! I got it working on 1.3.4 but on 1.4.0 it kept crashing, I will try this a bit later tonight (busy downloading gta v atm)

will report back to u as soon as I try it!

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
dude i friggen love u! I got it working on 1.3.4 but on 1.4.0 it kept crashing, I will try this a bit later tonight (busy downloading gta v atm)

will report back to u as soon as I try it!
I haven tryed on 1.4.0, but i know 1.4.1 will and some of the older version. ill look into it :)

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bug within Mystcraft v0.11.3 that makes it incompatible with Cauldron at the moment, keeping it is not possible and fixing it is not possible without altering the code.

Fastcraft alters some base class files that Cauldron relies on to work. This will probably never be fixed.

NER alters some base code of the Zombie pathing logic which again, makes it incompatible with Cauldron.

Shybella

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft and NotEnoughResources. Do you happen to have some logs? I'm interested In know what maybe going on. I'll give it a try to patch a fix but I've never had issues with either of these mods. ( lib issue i'm thinking )

Fastcraft does have ASMTransform classes for HashMap chunk generation that Spigot and a few patches back Cauldron implemented the same type of improvements that Fastcraft implements.

Solice2o0

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft and NotEnoughResources. Do you happen to have some logs? I'm interested In know what maybe going on. I'll give it a try to patch a fix but I've never had issues with either of these mods. ( lib issue i'm thinking )

Fastcraft does have ASMTransform classes for HashMap chunk generation that Spigot and a few patches back Cauldron implemented the same type of improvements that Fastcraft implements.

Turns out I was wrong about Mystcraft, to fix the issue, disable Instabilities in the Core.yml. What I'm going to attempt to check now is to see if the redstone and fluid updating issue still persists in Mystcraft worlds. But As for NER serverside, I'll start up a server instance with it inside and give you the log.

Last edited:

deeredman1991

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out I was wrong about Mystcraft, to fix the issue, disable Instabilities in the Core.yml. What I'm going to attempt to check now is to see if the redstone and fluid updating issue still persists in Mystcraft worlds. But As for NER serverside, I'll start up a server instance with it inside and give you the log.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but; Core.yml? No clue where that is. :( lil help anyone?

EDIT: So I think I found what you were talking about, I tried disabling instability in the cfg file but no luck. :( it could be that I am trying to update an existing map.

Last edited:

karl2002

Jul 29, 2019
Seems you guys are having issues I managed to get cauldron working on a 1.5.1 server without having to uninstall any other mod. Proof of that is in my sig for my server on 1.5.1 with cauldron.

deeredman1991

Jul 29, 2019
Seems you guys are having issues I managed to get cauldron working on a 1.5.1 server without having to uninstall any other mod. Proof of that is in my sig for my server on 1.5.1 with cauldron.

Awesome! What version of Cauldron are you running? Could we get a link perhaps? :)

EDIT: Ok nvm found the version of cauldron...for those who are interested here it is

http://tcpr.ca/cauldron

I got it working; but for some reason it didn't work when I just merged all the files into the current 1.4.1 server. If you are trying to update an existing server you have to start a brand new map, stop the server, paste the old map in the new server along with configs and plugins etc... that is the only way I could get it working for me but I got it working. :) ...g2g for some reason my console is spamming like mad....

Last edited:

Coremn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey whenever i launch it up all it says is "Server process finished" and then crashes. any idea how to fix this error?